Is laptop vertical stand safe & useful?

srdigit16

In the zone
I am using external monitor, keyboard and mouse with laptop. My doubt is if the laptop is using, the surface containing the laptop's keyboard & trackpad will be warm/hot & if placed it with lid closed, the laptop's display will get the heat & may get damaged.
Instead of this, why not simply place laptop vertically in an inverted V position with lid slightly opened without any stand?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I am using external monitor, keyboard and mouse with laptop. My doubt is if the laptop is using, the surface containing the laptop's keyboard & trackpad will be warm/hot & if placed it with lid closed, the laptop's display will get the heat & may get damaged.
Instead of this, why not simply place laptop vertically in an inverted V position with lid slightly opened without any stand?

That heat most probably wont do that wear and tear than placing it in v shape will.

preferrably buy a mini stand and keep laptop side by side montor to use it as second display?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

No, it wont. My current thinkpad (from office) is 3.5 years old and I have always used it lid closed (either on vertical laptop stand or lying on the desk while it is connected to dock. Ever before this thinkpad, I had used other thinkpad and dell laptops in offices and never had an issue of display damaging due to heat. it is safe to keep it closed as long as the vents that pull air in and push air out are not blocked. My current laptop has intake vents on the side and release vents on the back, no fans in bottom. So, I can safely keep the laptop on a stand.

Top Bottom