Is it RAM problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hprasad

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I have AMD Athlon XP 64 3000+ with gigabyte motherboard, 512 DDR2 RAM and 80 GB hard disk. I have Windows XP professional SP2 installed on my system. The system was working fine till last month. I did not turn on the system for a duration of one month. Now whenever i turn on my system, after POST, it starts loading windows and soon I get a blue screen of death (BSOD) saying "A problem has been detected and wondows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA"
The technical information read :
STOP: 0x00000050
(0x8F89c24f, 0x00000008,
0x8F89c24f, 0x00000000 )
I tried reinstalling the windows xp. During installation it again showed up an error saying some .sys files can not be copied to the disk.

Then I took a 256 DDR2 ram from on of my friends and tried installling the windows. Its got installed clearly and I din't face any BSOD while working.

I tried my RAM at my friend's pc and it showed up the same page_fault error which I had got in my system.
Now I am in confusion whether my RAM has problem or not. Since it is under warranty, if the RAM problem is confirmed I could ask my vendor to replace it.

I welcome any suggestion regarding this. :p
Regards,
Hariprasad

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I have AMD Athlon XP 64 3000+
Which is this processor?? I thought there were only Athlon64s and AthlonXps.. :confused:

with gigabyte motherboard, 512 DDR2 RAM
But to run DDR2 modules you need AM2! :confused:

Very weired!

But try this remove all your memory modules and test in another comp.......
Do the same with the graphics card, if any...

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
ur quote:
Then I took a 256 DDR2 ram from on of my friends and tried installling the windows. Its got installed clearly and I din't face any BSOD while working.

I tried my RAM at my friend's pc and it showed up the same page_fault error which I had got in my system.

-----------
First of all a confusing quote!..From ur first sentence I assume that u tried ur friend's RAM in ur PC. It worked well.

Then u say that u tried ur RAM on ur friend's PC and it showed errors.

If that is so...then it is pretty clear that ur RAM is damaged. Try replacing ur RAM.

Last edited:
OP
H

hprasad

samrulez said:
Which is this processor?? I thought there were only Athlon64s and AthlonXps..
hey.. its athlon 64, 3000+

Then u say that u tried ur RAM on ur friend's PC and it showed errors.
Hey... I tried my ram in another pc. for a while it worked fine. then started rebooting automatically... this repeated several times and then i got the same error while loading windows..

kiran.rkk said:
If that is so...then it is pretty clear that ur RAM is damaged. Try replacing ur RAM.
yeah.. if the ram is damaged, won't it throw ram error beep while booting?
In my case, its showing 512 mb ram.

Last edited:

satyamy

Alive Again...
hey their is some hardware conflict
may be ur ram is not correctly configured with ur mobo
solution for ur prob is repalce ur RAM

Odoj

Broken In
Well, I dont know if I do make any sense but I came across this error twice and unfortunately both the times, I had to replace my RAM module.

In my case my RAM module really died on me. (..came to know after trying it on 2 PCs)

OP
H

hprasad

Odoj said:
Well, I dont know if I do make any sense but I came across this error twice and unfortunately both the times, I had to replace my RAM module.

In my case my RAM module really died on me. (..came to know after trying it on 2 PCs)
Hey, were you getting the correct ram size while booting? in my case, it shows up clearly.

sac_meer

Broken In
you can download memtext86 and check your Ram module
try srearch in google and make a bootable floppy from ur friend pc through memtext86 and check

dissel

Cyborg Agent
@hprasad

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA <----It is a common known RAM problem.

Ask any system assembler/AMC Call guy...and they confirmed it....

As you stated it is under warranty...go to the delar and replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom