Is it possible to use a TV as secondary display using Fire TV Stick ?

RageshAntony

In the zone
I have decided to buy a Fire TV Stick.

But I am having a doubt.

Can I Cast a separate screen to Fire TV Stick that is displaying two different content on both my monitor and TV Screen?

For example, I will use Word on the primary monitor meanwhile the TV plays a VLC Video (two different desktop workspaces)

Just like dual screen monitor setup.

Is that possible?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I doubt a Fire stick will help here. Why not just connect your TV to a second HDMI port on your PC if you have a GPU with multiple ports. You'll need an extended cable for this.

If you are using a laptop, I think you can connect the spare HDMI port to your TV.

OP
RageshAntony

RageshAntony

In the zone
I doubt a Fire stick will help here. Why not just connect your TV to a second HDMI port on your PC if you have a GPU with multiple ports. You'll need an extended cable for this.

If you are using a laptop, I think you can connect the spare HDMI port to your TV.
Ohh. I am using Macbook Air M2 which only have USB-C ports

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
You can only cast one screen from Fire Stick TV at a time. As the fire stick HDMI port will be plugged into either TV or Monitor.

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
I have decided to buy a Fire TV Stick.

But I am having a doubt.

Can I Cast a separate screen to Fire TV Stick that is displaying two different content on both my monitor and TV Screen?

For example, I will use Word on the primary monitor meanwhile the TV plays a VLC Video (two different desktop workspaces)

Just like dual screen monitor setup.

Is that possible?
Yes, that is possible, in windows you have to connect wireless display but its laggy and mostly unusable.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I'm not sure if the firestick can use a regular web browser, but if you can, you could use Deskscreen ( *deskreen.com/lang-en ) to use it as a second display. (Check the FAQ section).

Top Bottom