Is it a good idea to port to BSNL from airtel?

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Currently have Airtel, I used to recharge with 666 plan but now they increased it to 859. Is it worth to port to BSNL? How's the connectivity in tier 1 cities? I already have fiber at home, and barely need internet outside. Also they have given contract to TCS to upgrade their network to 4G by 2024 end and to 5G By 2025 End. Although I dont use 5G, But still will it be a good idea to port?

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's okay. My parents have BSNL FTTH, though they don't live in a tier 1 city. I found it adequate for most use cases.

Just ensure that you use HTTPS always.

K_akash_i

In the zone
Was just about to start a thread on this.
The rates are good, would benefit old people as well. I guess I'll give it a shot
But i don't understand how the govt now lately has become pro BSNL ( I thought they wanted this to perish, a PSU).
I thought jio was like ultra close with the govt.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Was just about to start a thread on this.
The rates are good, would benefit old people as well. I guess I'll give it a shot
But i don't understand how the govt now lately has become pro BSNL ( I thought they wanted this to perish, a PSU).
I thought jio was like ultra close with the govt.
If BSNL shuts down, It will be a very bad PR Nightmare for government.

K_akash_i

In the zone
If BSNL shuts down, It will be a very bad PR Nightmare for government.
Hmm maybe. I never seen a group this capable in handling atrocities by taking attention away from people.
If BSNL becomes a success, jio and others would be forced to lower the rates. That's the only plus side I'm seeing. Maybe I'm way too skeptical .

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
The purpose of a PSU is to provide services to the citizen for the sake of providing service and not with a profit motive.

The service quality may be poor, but it's better to be there than not since private enterprises will generally avoid unprofitable markets and thus deprive citizens of said service.

This is true for BSNL as it's true for public works and public transport.

shreeux

Movie Buff
Same here...am using Airtel pack of for Amazon Prime Membership
now increased from 700+ to 1199 for 86 days

Amazon Prime Membership is used for only purchase on Amazon portal for free delivery....It is very rare to watch movies

Any alternative for Amazon Prime Membership?

K_akash_i

In the zone
Same here...am using Airtel pack of for Amazon Prime Membership
now increased from 700+ to 1199 for 86 days

Amazon Prime Membership is used for only purchase on Amazon portal for free delivery....It is very rare to watch movies

Any alternative for Amazon Prime Membership?
U mean broadband? I think BSNL provide prime with packs above 750.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
All mobile data provider, except BSNL, are going to have similar prices. No point in porting the number to other telecom company.

icebags

Technomancer
with all the users getting themselves ported to bsnl, the bsnl network kinda have became crappy these days.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
i have been using bsnl for over 20 years as my primary number. voice calls and sms works in most of the places. data is not that good since it is 3G but i have been getting recorded messages from bsnl to get a 4G sim and am told some trials are going on. will update when i get a 4G sim.

Top Bottom