Is Intel Core-i7 8700K worth ?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Intel has launched new Intel line of CPU known as Coffee lake.

But is Intel Core-i7 8700K worth the money spent ? if the primary purpose is hard-core gaming ?
won't a Core i-5 8400 suffice for that ?

Also, it can be overclocked, so no doubt its the over clockers choice.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
AMD has spent the last six months punching holes in Intel’s various product lines. While Ryzen 7 and 5 may not have held the single-thread performance crown, their relatively high clock speeds and excellent multi-threaded scaling gave Intel’s Kaby Lake and Broadwell-E a serious beat-down.

*s7.postimg.org/3t4zsddm3/screenshot-www.extremetech.com-2017-11-21-05-25-50-634.png
*s7.postimg.org/lj6odf6mj/screenshot-www.extremetech.com-2017-11-21-05-29-24-280.png

Decide for yourself. As Ryzen R7 is best in terms of price to performance ratio.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For pure gaming, 8700K is a logical choice over ryzen CPUs because of higher single core performance. Buying 8400 would've made sense if you paired it with a H or B series mobo.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

AMD has spent the last six months punching holes in Intel’s various product lines. While Ryzen 7 and 5 may not have held the single-thread performance crown, their relatively high clock speeds and excellent multi-threaded scaling gave Intel’s Kaby Lake and Broadwell-E a serious beat-down.
Decide for yourself. As Ryzen R7 is best in terms of price to performance ratio.
Definitely for Multi Thread performance Ryzen has best results.
And for 3D rendering (Maya etc) and production work, Ryzen is the first choice.

1080p gaming is thing of the past now, and 4K gaming is taking up.

I have watched so many videos on 4K gaming performance, and there is no single card out there which supports smooth gameplay @60fps average on Ultra settings.
even using the 1080 Ti Amp Extreme from Zotac paired with i7 8700K (OC @5Ghz). SLI configuration is exception here though.

Last edited:

saikiasunny

Ambassador of Buzz
Definitely for Multi Thread performance Ryzen has best results.
1080p gaming is thing of the past now, and 4K gaming is taking up.

I have watched so many videos on 4K gaming performance, and there is no single card out there which supports smooth gameplay @60fps average on Ultra settings.
even using the 1080 Ti Amp Extreme from Zotac paired with i7 8700K (OC @5Ghz). SLI configuration is exception here though.

I don't think 4K gaming is at the point where media has made it to be. The 1080p is still the widely used one. Even 2K is not available in right prices, forget about 4K. 1080p being "thing of the past" is still a dream of future. Believe it or not, I have seen people use 1080p 60Hz screens with 1080s.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I don't think 4K gaming is at the point where media has made it to be. The 1080p is still the widely used one. Even 2K is not available in right prices, forget about 4K. 1080p being "thing of the past" is still a dream of future. Believe it or not, I have seen people use 1080p 60Hz screens with 1080s.
1080p is still the popular choice and the reason 4K is costly to build up.
u don't even need 1080 GTX for 1080p gaming, just the 1070 or 1070Ti will suffice.

Lets see if Volta will change the whole game in 4K :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom