Is Inno3d a Good brand to pick GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hari.tensei

Broken In
I saw Inno3d rtx 2060 is 27k online while all other brands are at 30k starting.
So does the brand Inno3d makes quality GPU, and easy n good after sale service?

I planned to get MSI 1660 ti gaming x which is 25k but with just 2k more I thought Inno3d 2060 should probably a good deal as it delivers 10+ fps more than 1660 ti. My only concern is quality, after sale service. I'm from Hyderabad.

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
Stay away from MSI, they are infamous for horrible after sales service.

But the gaming x looks so cool..
I have bought the MSI b450 tomahawk yesterday because there are so many positive reviews on it's Vrm.

How bad is the service for mother board ? I'm actually from Hyderabad.

Edit- I just saw the post on Reddit regarding MSI GPU RMA. I can't even imagine of doing all those calls,emails and wait for few long months to get it replaced.

I guess I would stay away from MSI.

Can you rate the brand from best quality GPU and Service in order?
(I currently have 4years old GTX 960 2gb Strix one. I used to play 10 hours a day nonstop and never had issue with the card so far,but Asus is way expensive).

Last edited:
OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
Asus>zotac>gigabyte>other brands in terms of quality and after sales services.

I'll go with Asus dual or zotac amp.

Bought the MSI b450 tomahawk just to pair it with new Ryzen 3600 but after watching Comparisions between 2600 and 3600 and the new 3600 being bottleneck to 1660 ti and lack of proper bios, I guess I'm gonna buy Ryzen 5 2600 and the saved money on good CPU cooler.

Or should I wait and pair Ryzen 2600 with RX 5700 if there isn't any CPU bottleneck?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
3600 is much better than 2600 & it is definitely not a bottleneck for 1660Ti(it is always processor that is considered for being a bottleneck for a graphics card & not the other way round). Only reason for getting 2600 now is if you can't afford ~15k X570 mobo for ryzen 3600.

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
3600 is much better than 2600 & it is definitely not a bottleneck for 1660Ti(it is always processor that is considered for being a bottleneck for a graphics card & not the other way round). Only reason for getting 2600 now is if you can't afford ~15k X570 mobo for ryzen 3600.

Definitely not the x570 board.
All I do is Gaming and editing photos and videos for YouTube and personal use.
If Ryzen 5 2600 can do the job for at least 2 years then I have no reason to pick 3600.

There are couple of videos which shows 3600 and 1660 ti performed less when same paired 2080 GPU which literally means GPU bottleneck ryzen 3600 for not using it's full potential,right?
(Correct me if I'm wrong)

And there is just 5-10fps difference between them. As I have 60hz 1080p monitor (75hz with free sync),will there be anything to worry about?

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
No! A processor bottleneck is found by combining it with a powerful graphics card(like 1080/2080) & selecting a resolution of 720p(or sometimes 1080p) which means game fps is limited only by processor & not graphics card(as such a powerful graphics card with such low resolution will be able to max out any game so if a game is not maxing out(in comparison to other processors with same setup) then it is processor's fault).

At 60p 1080p resolution,a card like 1660Ti will be enough with even a 2600.Also higher the resolution/quality settings,lesser will be the role of processor as game fps will be more limited by graphics card.
GTX 1660 Ti with Ryzen 5 2600 benchmarks at Ultra Quality settings - GPUCheck United States / USA

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
No! A processor bottleneck is found by combining it with a powerful graphics card(like 1080/2080) & selecting a resolution of 720p(or sometimes 1080p) which means game fps is limited only by processor & not graphics card(as such a powerful graphics card with such low resolution will be able to max out any game so if a game is not maxing out(in comparison to other processors with same setup) then it is processor's fault).

At 60p 1080p resolution,a card like 1660Ti will be enough with even a 2600.Also higher the resolution/quality settings,lesser will be the role of processor as game fps will be more limited by graphics card.
GTX 1660 Ti with Ryzen 5 2600 benchmarks at Ultra Quality settings - GPUCheck United States / USA

I see only Metro Exodus, Anthem and Odyssey are less than 60fps at ultra settings and little bit tweeking will give the 60fps.

With the ryzen 4th gen next year and, new AM5 platform in 2021. I guess I'll pass 3600 now and stick with 2600 and 1660ti till 2021-22 as there will hardly be 4-5 AAA games release in a year.
I think I pick the Zotac AMP or Gigabyte Gaming OC or Asus Dual (if it's price comes to 26k in coming days).

Thanks mate!

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
Don't waste GPU power on ultra settings. Use high/very-high settings instead.

That is why I'll stick with 1660 ti and will do some tweeking to get constant 60fps.

As the MSI has Bad After sale service. Would someone suggest the next best B450 ATX for the same build of 2600+1660 ti for my friend. Now I wouldn't dare to suggest him the B450 Tomahawk.

Between these 2, Gigabyte Aorus elite or Asus B450 plus gaming.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
MSI bad after sales is reported for their graphics card & laptops but haven't seen any such case for their mobos till now.May be because their ryzen mobos are so good that they don't even need rma in the first place.I suggest MSI mobo only as you would have to have a pretty bad luck for needing rma on mobo like B450 tomahawk & if your luck is that bad then probably it won't help getting another brand mobo either as no rma of any company is 100%.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just saw this:
New R5 3600 build for video editing and gaming
A bad experience of MSI rma for a mobo(still this is the first time I have seen it here or elsewhere in last few months) but still I stand by my above post.If you don't want to get MSI then ~8k price range get this(if still available as sometimes online status is not updated): Buy Online Asrock B450 Pro4 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
Just saw this:
New R5 3600 build for video editing and gaming
A bad experience of MSI rma for a mobo(still this is the first time I have seen it here or elsewhere in last few months) but still I stand by my above post.If you don't want to get MSI then ~8k price range get this(if still available as sometimes online status is not updated): Buy Online Asrock B450 Pro4 AMD AM4 Socket Motherboard lowest price in india at www.theitdepot.com

What about service of ASrock then? That's the main issue here.
It looks way cheaper than other brands mentioned above. You sure it's a solid ATX board?

Between these are my build choice and same will be purchased by my friend.

Ryzen 5 2600
MSI b450 tomahawk(I bought this already)
Corsair vengence 2x8gb 3000mhz.
Samsung 860 Evo 500gb SSD(purchased)
1TB WD blue
GTX 1660 ti
CM MB511 RGB case ( purchased )
Deepcool GTE RGB CPU cooler.
Corsair CX 550W

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I haven't heard much about asrock rma online recently so can't say but should be decent considering people nowadays are quick in posting reviews on reddit etc. Btw I still think tomahawk is a better option unless you consider your luck to be pretty bad.

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
I haven't heard much about asrock rma online recently so can't say but should be decent considering people nowadays are quick in posting reviews on reddit etc. Btw I still think tomahawk is a better option unless you consider your luck to be pretty bad.

Now that u mentioned ASrock b450 pro 4, it's like 3k less than MSI tomahawk. That saves a lot of money.

Is there any poor vrm issues with ASrock pro 4? Will it run like 2-3 years, as this PC will be ON gaming daily like 8-10hours( Got 2 Brothers,so PC will be ON for more time).

OP
H

hari.tensei

Broken In
It has "decent VRMs" enough for running a 2600 at heavy load & even some mild overclocking but you have already bought tomahawk so why change now.

My friend haven't. As I said, we both building same Rig.
If it is capable to handle above listed PC build then ill go with ASrock b450 pro 4.

If I get the ASrock I could save 3k and will try to use it to buy rtx 2060 for him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom