Is Frontrow genuine

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Hi everyone,
Been considering taking music classes through frontrow though I am in two minds now since their request to share aadhar and bank details over whatsapp troubles me since its a 3rd party handling EMI payments.
What do you guys think about it? Does anyone here have enrolled in frontrow before?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
well i would not do that but i am slightly paranoid in doing that. emi payments? how expensive is that? i heard that the maximum amount was around 5-10k only.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
It is 12k distributed into 1000 per month. I have paid 1000 as enrollment fee. Now the rep that followed up with me asked for aadhar, pan, and bank statement.
My sister is like nobody asks for bank statement and the fact that the lady asked me to share it over whatsapp gets to me as well.
Is it common to present bank statement for makin EMI out of course fee payments?

I have asked them for refund but not cited any reason yet. I think I'll wait till have 12k to pay upfront. I liked there celebrity course I had purchased for 300 rs earlier so I was looking forward to this but safety first.

quicky008

Technomancer
dont go for anything thats even remotely associated with bollywood(whose very name is a ripoff in itself)-its a nexus of criminals and individuals with little to no sense of ethics or morality whose sole purpose of existence is to get richer by looting the common man.

btw what exactly is a celebrity course what possible benefit is one supposed to gain by enrolling for it?

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
The sessions with Bollywood professionals are recorded content. While different expert teachers take live classes every weekend.

So for music we have courses by amit trivedi neha kakar and swanand kirkire as recorded lessions. And then live classes by individuals who have signed up as teachers. These teachers have differnt levels of expertise and specialization. The sample class I had taken was hindustani classical by varun mishra who was impressive.

So the fee they ask for is 14k, in my case the category was music. So I was purchasing music premium access.
Which had bollywood music, classical music, and songwriting and composition all rolled into one.
Both live and recorded sessions included for a year. The first payment is 1000 and then 1100 every month.

I know that is expensive compared to masterclass.coms unlocking everything for 17k but all their courses might not be that great or of use to everyone.

OP
A

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
Yes that is what I felt. There needs to be an official email for this stuff right now it appears very casual.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yup, don't share such details over Whatsapp. If you want music lessons, I suggest getting in touch with some local instructor. Someone who can observe how you play and correct your mistakes in realtime.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Completly agree with @Desmond , Music is a skill, if need to learn, you need to sit in front of instructor, only then you will benefit. This applies to all skill courses.

Added the fact that sharing such details involves security risk. Especially when cases of fraud and impersonation are high.

Top Bottom