Is corsair voyager Gt series Flash drives worth the premium??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
I am planning to buy a 8/16GB flash drive with fast write speeds,I zeroed in on sandisk cruzer and Corsair Flash Voyager GT.

Voyager GT claimed to be the fastest drive around and read many reviews on different sites.But user experiences on corsair forums seems to be different and here is corsair's explaining reasons of their new GT series slowing down.

Now i'm confused as to which one should I go for since availability of sandisk seems to be an issue.I myself own a sandisk cruzer micro 2GB,so I know the faster speeds it offers over regular Kingston and transcend ones,But i've heard Corsair is far better,but these reviews and user views seems to be self contradictory ,So I want to know experiences(Read/Write Speeds) of users who own both these sandisk 8/16GB and Corsair Voyager GT 8/16GB.
Also if there are any alternatives available with Good write speeds.
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Go for Corsier, its worth of a deal. Now Corsair have launched Corsair Flash Savior, which is even better, and faster voyeger and almost undistructable

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Found these reviews on techtree.Price is ok at 2.5K for 16GB,but the write speeds don't look good.
Corsair Survivor 16GB

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/105387_matter.jpg
SanDisk Ultra Backup 16 GB

Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16 GB

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/97522_matter.jpg

But I want Views of forum members who used these particular ones!!!!

Found these reviews on techtree.Price is ok at 2.5K for 16GB,but the write speeds don't look good.
Corsair Survivor 16GB

*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/105387_matter.jpg
SanDisk Ultra Backup 16 GB

Corsair Flash Voyager GT 16 GB
*images.techtree.com/ttimages/story/97522_matter.jpg

But I want Views of forum members who used these particular ones!!!!

Compared to any other drive its far better. 2.5 isn't bad for 16GB Survivor. How much is the cost of 32GB Survivor??

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Guys suggestions plzz,I'm skeptical about voyager GT after reading those,plzz suggest a flash drive with good write speeds.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Do you really need a pendrive of 16GB? I mean for 2.3k, you can get a portable HDD 2.5" of much larger size. Make that 3k and it becomes around 320GB. These are pocket friendly too, as in fit in your pocket. May not be as rugged as Corsair pendrives, but still.

OP
sriharsha_madineni

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Yeah I was thinking about that too,I would be going for a 8GB one or else if above 2K then i'll be going for a 2.5" HDD
BTW what would be better buying a branded one(Passport/Freeagent) or a 2.5" HDD and casing??

Krow

Crowman
The casing is not a very good idea. I have seen cases come off or after some time and it makes things ugly. Often there is some kind of loose contact and we end up tapping the drive to get it detected. Get a branded 2.5" drive. IIRC, Corsair Flash Voyager GT has a minimum model of 16GB, not 8GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom