Is antivirus necessary for mobile phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I use my N70 music edition firmware - 5.0705.3.0.1 RM-84
mainly to listen to music , play videos in real player , recieve SMS and MMS apart from making and receiving phone calls. I sometimes switch on my bluetooth to recieve themes, ringtones , videos , songs and some s60 applications from friends's phones. I also copy these files from my pc using USB. What are the chances that my mobile phone may get infected?
1. If some malware does infect my phone, is it irreversible? My friend told me that when his phone (nokia 6630) was infected he couldn't format his phone because the phone kept shutting down.
2. Is there some freeware antivirus for mobile?
3. I had symantec mobile security installation file on my phone when I bought it. I installed and used it for 50 days. I had to uninstall it because my friends kept complaining that it had slowed down my phone. But now that installation file is gone. Is there anyway I can get it back? The file might have vanished when I did firmware update. I had taken a complete phone backup on the day I bought the phone.
4. Is there anyway I can see and extract the contents of the backup file made with nokia pc suite without actually restoring it on my phone?
5. Which is the best antivirus for my mobile taking security and performance into consideration?

Pathik

Google Bot
well u dont actually need a antivirus the way u r using it.. And if nything happens jus use the 3key format

Pathik

Google Bot
switch off ur fone... and press the GREEN, * and 3 key wen switching it on..
it ll format the fone memory fully..

Pathik

Google Bot
nope... the OS wont go of course... wat ll remain is only the core OS wit the apps u got pre installed in it... all this data is stored in z/..
all the apps/games u installed and all ur contacts and msgs ll be deleted... so take a backup b4 formatting..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom