Is an Intel i3 with 16GB RAM a good combination?

srdigit16

In the zone
Most Intel i3 laptops come with 8GB RAM. Does this mean the i3 processor is not good enough for applications for which 16GB RAM is recommended (e.g. Android studio recommends 16GB RAM but doesn't specifically mention which Intel core processor to use)? Are such systems upgradeable to 16GB RAM?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

If you are buying a new laptop, usually R3 5300U based laptops are a better deal. The CPU is easily more powerful than an i3 11th gen.

16GB RAM is nice to have as 8GB RAM is the mimimum you need for a smooth Windows operation. Not all laptops have free RAM slot.

lenovo.com/in/en/laptops/lenovo/v-series/-Lenovo-V15-Gen-4-15-inch-AMD/p/82YUCTO1WWENIN0
Customise it with following & get Win10 pro key from grey market. Be aware of 2-3 week shipping.

1685247637846.png

Sometimes there is some cashkaro coupons & all for further discounts.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
You mean AMD Ryzen 3? It shows AMD Ryzen 3 7320U processor by default. What is grey market here? I haven't heard it before.

You mean AMD Ryzen 3? It shows AMD Ryzen 3 7320U processor by default. What is grey market here? I haven't heard it before.
R3 7320U is just slightly better than R3 5300U, same architecture. Even 5300U is quad core vs dual core of i3.

facebook.com/groups/akextacy
There are sellers in fb groups like these where they sell retail keys of Win10 for ₹300 or so.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
R3 7320U is just slightly better than R3 5300U, same architecture. Even 5300U is quad core vs dual core of i3.

facebook.com/groups/akextacy
There are sellers in fb groups like these where they sell retail keys of Win10 for ₹300 or so.
there is option to select Ryzen 5 7250U also, which is better for Asphalt 9,8 (Microsoft Store), Android Studio, LDPlayer?

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I used Android studio once like 7-8 years back. it was CPU heavy back then. If it is still CPU heavy then try to get at least quad core if not hexa

there is option to select Ryzen 5 7250U also, which is better for Asphalt 9,8 (Microsoft Store), Android Studio, LDPlayer?
If you can afford the better CPU & need it, get it. R5 7520U is R5 5500U basically, just made on 6nm & supports DDR5 RAM. There's a coupon for 5k off right now. Overall pretty solid for under 34k. Other than relative long delivery timeline, I see no issues with this laptop.

Check the changes I made.

1687067204187.png

If you are not comfortable buying a Win10 key & installing OS on your own, then buy a laptop with an OS.

amazon.in/HP-Micro-Edge-Graphics-Keyboard-14s-fq1092au/dp/B09R1L73TM
amazon.in/Lenovo-39-62cm-Antiglare-Windows-82KDA00XIH/dp/B0BH8DW9RK

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
If you can afford the better CPU & need it, get it. R5 7520U is R5 5500U basically, just made on 6nm & supports DDR5 RAM. There's a coupon for 5k off right now. Overall pretty solid for under 34k. Other than relative long delivery timeline, I see no issues with this laptop.

Check the changes I made.

View attachment 22392

If you are not comfortable buying a Win10 key & installing OS on your own, then buy a laptop with an OS.

amazon.in/HP-Micro-Edge-Graphics-Keyboard-14s-fq1092au/dp/B09R1L73TM
amazon.in/Lenovo-39-62cm-Antiglare-Windows-82KDA00XIH/dp/B0BH8DW9RK
I don't know to install OS on my own, does giving it to nearby service center reduce cost? Does installing OS outside of purchase void warranty?

I don't know to install OS on my own, does giving it to nearby service center reduce cost? Does installing OS outside of purchase void warranty?
Yes & no

Just buy key from grey market seller. You can just learn to install OS using youtube videos, need a working system beforehand to make a bootable Win10 installation media.

schumacher

New to this forum
That particular AMD model is the only one that doesn't have an option for a 43wh 3 cell battery and a Type c charger . The intel versions have these options. I wonder why. Would have been a nice addition.

That particular AMD model is the only one that doesn't have an option for a 43wh 3 cell battery and a Type c charger . The intel versions have these options. I wonder why. Would have been a nice addition.
Companies are still having better models with Intel CPUs. 12/13 gen Intel CPUs are the better performers but AMD is more efficient, which matters more for a laptop, especially non-performance laptops.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Companies are still having better models with Intel CPUs. 12/13 gen Intel CPUs are the better performers but AMD is more efficient, which matters more for a laptop, especially non-performance laptops.
For apps like Android Studio (with occasional emulator use, maximum I use physical device only) which is better?
Which is better for Asphalt 9, LDPlayer?

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Either run phone apps/games on phone or be ready to tinker with Android x86 images. Don't waste time on emulators unless you want to play retro console games.
I use emulator to play games like Traffic Rider, Beach Buggy etc, not heavy games like Asphalt. emulator has some advantages. we can play android games in big screen without spending for tablet, & also symmetric display (I am not a fan of too wide screens with curves interrupted by notch or punch hole)

Last edited:
OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
Doesn't matter much for those. Even a quad core Ryzen 3 is enough, R3 5300U.
I currently have 7th gen intel i5 7200u 12 GB RAM & SSD & the CPU usage goes high when building a project in Android Studio. R3 5300U is more powerful then my laptop CPU?

Top Bottom