IR not working!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta

Journeyman
Hi!

I have a Nokia 6610. Problem is that my phone is not detected on my laptop having built-in IR port. I've tried this with Nokia PC suite, OPM - II etc...

Help Me please!!!! :(

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Firstly, make sure that your laptop's IR port is activated (either through the BIOS or Control Panel/Device Manager). Then, go to the device properties for your IR port and click on the Advanced Tab. Make sure that the Speed Limit is set to 115.2kbps. If it is higher, IR will probably not work with Nokia phones. I had the same issue when my IR port speed was set to 4Mpbs and it refused to detect my 6230. But at the same time, it could detect my SE T630 without any issues.

OP
D

Delta

Journeyman
I've checked it with my friend's pc. IR is working. But, my phone also didnt detected on his pc. I've tried ur suggestions but nothin happens. :(

OH!! It can transfer b'card over IR mobile 2 mobile..

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Strange. Is IR enabled in the BIOS? If yes, then I don't know where the problem is. You could try the OPM II Help files. I found the solution to my IR problem in there.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
i just played around after seeing this thread ...
when the IR's speed is 19.200 the connection is perfect between my 6220 nd desktop...

as soon as the speed is increased to say 38.4 ....or 57.6 or 115.2 then the connection keeps disconnecting after every 1 minute or so ... but damn 19200 is just toooo slow .... searching for a solution ....

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
Delta said:
I've checked it with my friend's pc. IR is working. But, my phone also didnt detected on his pc. I've tried ur suggestions but nothin happens. :(

Your phone got fault :) .. or u have not enabled IRDA reception on it..
( u need to enable irda on phone first)

OP
D

Delta

Journeyman
Ricky said:
Delta said:

Your phone got fault :) .. or u have not enabled IRDA reception on it..
( u need to enable irda on phone first)

I've checked that. I think now it needs repairing!! :x

theraven

Technomancer
no ones kidding
they are all trying to help
u are doing something wrong
and unfrotunately it points towards ur phone as of now ...
so get it checked and make sure ur using the procedure correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom