iPhone SE 2016 in 2021? 2Gud?

toshar

New to this forum
Hi All

After prolonged use, my 5s finally died.
It worked absolutely fine till covid but problems started with proximity sensor in 2020 followed by network, front camera, rear camera and then broken screen. Everything was mangeable but I gave it for repairs anways to someone known and then it died. Error 4093 or something its red screen boot loop, locals folks and ghaffar guys are not interested in the further repairs.

I am now looking for iphone SE 1st gen because of its same form factor and I guess its the last of its kind.

I am fond of attractive phones like nokia sirroco, blackberry key1, BB torch, n95, htc one v, doogee, bahubali or moto razr kind off stuff BUT market is full of glass slabs i am not at all interested in.

I still finds my gf's 5s lag free with daily insta whatsapp and youtube scrolls. It just heats up because of metal chasis, nothing else so the SE would do the work. My expensive metal cases would also be compatible here.

Now, where exactly to look for the best deal?
I heard about 2gud on this forum only and found 5s (superb) for 7k and SE (good) for 10k.
Definitely not worth but.... I need SE.
Are these websites trustable?
Any other teated alternatives?
I will buy new SE if i get.

My last option would be to buy just any - any other phone or iphone 7 as i am using samsung S5 3g on 2g mode. Data and call quality both suffer here so need a 4g device.

Please advice.

OP
toshar

toshar

New to this forum
If you need se form factor, why not buy SE 2020 edition?
-I do like curves and round things but new SE is not my cup of tea.
-My room mate has already one and i find it good but.. I would rather buy a 7 for ~23 and a fridge to support me in this summer.
-I have lunatik taptik and few cnc AL alloy cases which will be of no use with curvy iphones. They really stand out and hard to find in indian market so dont want to lose them.
-I dont find myself worthy of a 30k phone as of now. 70% of my usage is music while commuting to office, 10% internet surfing, 20% calling. Rest I use my PC so a 30k for this is very inefficiant.
-If I get good increment post this financial year, I would by 12 mini, again similar to rectangle apples.
-I can change my mind and can ditch ios if I get a durable slider or clamshell phone.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If you're getting an SE get the 2020 one otherwise stick with Android. Don't need to think much beyond that.

Sent via Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
-I do like curves and round things but new SE is not my cup of tea.
-My room mate has already one and i find it good but.. I would rather buy a 7 for ~23 and a fridge to support me in this summer.
-I have lunatik taptik and few cnc AL alloy cases which will be of no use with curvy iphones. They really stand out and hard to find in indian market so dont want to lose them.
-I dont find myself worthy of a 30k phone as of now. 70% of my usage is music while commuting to office, 10% internet surfing, 20% calling. Rest I use my PC so a 30k for this is very inefficiant.
-If I get good increment post this financial year, I would by 12 mini, again similar to rectangle apples.
-I can change my mind and can ditch ios if I get a durable slider or clamshell phone.

I don't think so you should sacrifice performance for design. IPhone 5s was released in 2013, its 2020 now, I don't think that seven year old hardware will survive. IMO, go for iPhone 8 minimum.

You can buy pixel 4a, it has small form factor and comes with a headphone jack. That phone has high quality audio output and will easily last 4-5 years, as per your usage.

Even iPhone XR is great, as it too has a small form factor.

Don't trust 2gud. Those phones will last a year max.

vishnov

Journeyman
Hi All

After prolonged use, my 5s finally died.
It worked absolutely fine till covid but problems started with proximity sensor in 2020 followed by network, front camera, rear camera and then broken screen. Everything was mangeable but I gave it for repairs anways to someone known and then it died. Error 4093 or something its red screen boot loop, locals folks and ghaffar guys are not interested in the further repairs.

I am now looking for iphone SE 1st gen because of its same form factor and I guess its the last of its kind.

I am fond of attractive phones like nokia sirroco, blackberry key1, BB torch, n95, htc one v, doogee, bahubali or moto razr kind off stuff BUT market is full of glass slabs i am not at all interested in.

I still finds my gf's 5s lag free with daily insta whatsapp and youtube scrolls. It just heats up because of metal chasis, nothing else so the SE would do the work. My expensive metal cases would also be compatible here.

Now, where exactly to look for the best deal?
I heard about 2gud on this forum only and found 5s (superb) for 7k and SE (good) for 10k.
Definitely not worth but.... I need SE.
Are these websites trustable?
Any other teated alternatives?
I will buy new SE if i get.

My last option would be to buy just any - any other phone or iphone 7 as i am using samsung S5 3g on 2g mode. Data and call quality both suffer here so need a 4g device.

Please advice.
Apple downgrades the performance of old devices via updates after a few years. Better go with 12 mini if you have the budget, or stick with Android. Apple just ain't worth the money.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Apple just ain't worth the money.
The opposite of that is true. Any downgrades that happened was to protect the battery life and its been sorted now mostly.

12 mini or the other ones are very much worth it going forward in the long run and better than any/all Android devices.

Sent via Tapatalk

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Apple just ain't worth the money.

No thats not true. Although there has been a long android vs apple debate, but still.

Apple gives more updates for a longer time and there devices lasts longer. Even android phones slow over time. and it slows down within 1.5 yrs. Android phones do not have any good resale value, while apple is able to retain majority of its value. Yes, one can get a much better android phone with flashy specs, but irl, apple will last longer.

vishnov

Journeyman
The opposite of that is true. Any downgrades that happened was to protect the battery life and its been sorted now mostly.

12 mini or the other ones are very much worth it going forward in the long run and better than any/all Android devices.

Sent via Tapatalk
If the performance throttling was to protect the battery, then why the hush-hush? They never put out a statement claiming it would be to protect the device. Apple makes shit loads of money in service replacements, it's a well-known fact. Don't see them suddenly growing a conscience and helping customers extend the longevity of older phones' batteries. In the end, they ended up paying 500 million dollars in settlement and let the whole fiasco slide under the radar.

vishnov

Journeyman
No thats not true. Although there has been a long android vs apple debate, but still.

Apple gives more updates for a longer time and there devices lasts longer. Even android phones slow over time. and it slows down within 1.5 yrs. Android phones do not have any good resale value, while apple is able to retain majority of its value. Yes, one can get a much better android phone with flashy specs, but irl, apple will last longer.
I beg to differ. My current phone (Samsung C7 Pro) runs on a 5-year-old SD626, and even after rugged and heavy use, the phone still runs quite smoothly today. No lags. And I formatted the phone just once, almost 2 years ago. Can't say the same about other cheaper brands. Apple does make quality phones, but they do tend to have service issues. My brother has an iPhone 7, changed its earpiece, battery, and charging port (twice). How else do you think they are a trillion-dollar company with comparatively less sales volume? Replacements.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I beg to differ. My current phone (Samsung C7 Pro) runs on a 5-year-old SD626, and even after rugged and heavy use, the phone still runs quite smoothly today. No lags. And I formatted the phone just once, almost 2 years ago. Can't say the same about other cheaper brands. Apple does make quality phones, but they do tend to have service issues. My brother has an iPhone 7, changed its earpiece, battery, and charging port (twice). How else do you think they are a trillion-dollar company with comparatively less sales volume? Replacements.

Yupp, if one goes apple way, he needs to spend money.

Basically, you buy a superbike, not only is it expensive but also requires high maintenance afterwards. Where as activa or platina bikes require less maintenance and have higher mileage.

It's that social image which is formed after one sees someone holding iPhone.

Top Bottom