iphone 6 Bend

Apple iPhone 6 and 6 Plus can bend in pockets, users complain | Technology | The Guardian
The bigger screens but thinner bodies of Apple’s new iPhone 6 and 6 Plus models have come at the cost of rigidity, according to owners who say they bent while being carried in trouser pockets.A number of users across various forums, sites and Twitter have reported – and pictured – that their phones have become warped after they sat or bent down with them in front and rear trouser pockets.

The reports come just after an insurance company claimed that the new iPhones are the most robust ever – though its tests didn’t include bending.
The iPhone 6 and 6 Plus chassis is milled from a solid piece of aluminium alloy whose composition is secret. The weak area of the phone appears to be around the volume buttons, where the frame is at its thinnest and creates a fulcrum point around which the phone bends. Surprisingly, the screen does not break when the phone bends – though it does if the phone is then bent back to a flat profile.
Apple is not the first to have the problem of a large-screened metal-framed smartphone bending under use. Sony’s Xperia Z1, which had a 5in screen and a metal frame, saw users complaining that they bent in pockets, while Samsung Galaxy S4 users had similar complaints, as didBlackBerry Q10 users.
The exact number of iPhone 6 users affected is unknown. The Guardian found dozens of people on Twitter whose iPhone 6 or 6 Plus had bent – though there are also hundreds more echoing news reports and the pictures put up by those who have been affected.

We don't need to buy iwatch, as we can bend iphone 6 to our wrist :lol:

ankush28

Bazinga
FYI HTC One M8 is even worse under direct force.
Whatever phone that bends with tight denims... I doubt if Apple have any sort of R&D dept. Its fairly simple calculation - large, malleable, thin Aluminium can never survive direct bending.

tkin

Back to school!!
FYI HTC One M8 is even worse under direct force.
Whatever phone that bends with tight denims... I doubt if Apple have any sort of R&D dept. Its fairly simple calculation - large, malleable, thin Aluminium can never survive direct bending.
They could have put two straight metal rods along the rims, that would protect it from bending.

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Other thin phones with Aluminium bodies use some kind of a frame on the inside (vapor-mag or steel). This is just basic stuff, a thin sheet of aluminium will bend easily under stress. Wonder how they missed that, or maybe it's a "feature" lol.

tkin

Back to school!!
Other thin phones with Aluminium bodies use some kind of a frame on the inside (vapor-mag or steel). This is just basic stuff, a thin sheet of aluminium will bend easily under stress. Wonder how they missed that, or maybe it's a "feature" lol.
*media.apnarm.net.au/img/media/images/2014/09/26/bend_to_those-s3xjl1o7nwjk8qb2wi2_t460.JPG

ankush28

Bazinga
HTC One M8(M8 too is unibody) uses Al-Mg alloy... considered as toughest material for this kind of design. But due to poor design Screen pops out while trying to bend. LOL

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
*m.imgur.com/gallery/CSSfH

Apple care bendgate scenes. Apple fu(ked up, they will never accept it.

Wow that was some intense stuff right there.

Btw this thread can't be completed without these videos:

and

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
apple wont accept it but a magnesium alloy frame inside the phone just like M8 and all the other "normal" phones have
which is why iphone 6+ and 6(to an extent) bend easily
im guessing they didnt add the magnesium frame to make the phone thinner,lighter etc
still they wont accept it,they used the same logic for iphones 4 's infamous antennagate and said people were holding it wrong
now they say bengate is false and only 9 people have reported such issues!! which is bs,youtube itself has tonnes of bendgate videos

[h=1]Purposely Bending an iPhone Doesn't Mean Bendgate Is Real, It Means You're an Assh*le[/h]
Bendgate just won't go away. A week after reports of iPhone 6 Plus devices being a little tooflexible went viral, the durability of Apple's biggest smartphone is still a growing topic of conversation.
For its part, Apple says that it's very rare for an iPhone 6 Plus to warp or bend, and the company even went so far as to open up its testing lab to some members of the press.Consumer Reports' own lab tests also refuted Bendgate — at least when pressure is applied in the center of the phone and not focused exclusively on the seam near the buttons.

Still, as we've said before, with enough pressure and effort, anything that is metal can bend. As a result, we're now seeing a disturbing phenomenon of individuals going into Apple or carrier stores with the express purpose of bending an iPhone 6 Plus.
Business Insider even republished a first-person account of one man's decision to purposefully break a store model iPhone 6 Plus.
Mashable

amjath

Human Spambot
*m.imgur.com/gallery/CSSfH

Apple care bendgate scenes. Apple fu(ked up, they will never accept it.

I feel poor/sad for the guy
OT: he said he is a wife and he is a working grad student?? so he is either too old to go for studying or too young to have a wife :mrgreen:

amjath

Human Spambot
With iphone 6, its revealed that with jeans on, we've been sitting the WRONG FKING WAY our whole life :oops:

Few times I felt the pain my device was taking when I sit on it/with it and also felt the time is over for my device but still strong

Top Bottom