iPad 2019 10.2 inch 32GB Vs. Samsung S5e tablet 64 GB

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I think it should, you dont even need sim in the device for whatsapp to work.. I think you cannot recieve sms or send sms, you have to use the sim in separate device..

EDIT : I just checked, no official support for whatsapp on ipad.. too bad

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Does iPad support whatsapp ? I will be usi g my work sim on it. Although the sim will be plugged in another device. But as I get flooded with messages in whatsap, so I would prefer to seperate my home and work sim.
No it doesn't have but you can use web version in chrome.

Sent from my M2006C3LI using Tapatalk

z3rO

Journeyman
I dont like Apple products in general because of the restrictions but one product I have been using for years is Apple iPad. Other tablets just cant compete with it specially when it comes to longevity. 3 years later, it will still be relevant with latest iPadOS while Android tables with Android 11 will feel ancient when Android 13/14 will come out.

The only thing which you can do after inserting a SIM in an iPad is use mobile data on it. No calling, no SMS, just cellular data. Im not sure if it has changed recently or with introduction of iPadOS.

WhatsApp official app is not available on iPad but you can use other Apps (standalone apps) which use Whatsapp Web version in App form.

iPad vs Android tablet IMO depends strictly on what will you be using it for. For video conferencing, I think iPad should be far better than Android tablets but do keep in mind that you wont be able to use cellular calling and SMS in it.

setanjan123

In the zone
Get the 2020 iPad. A12 is quite a bit more powerful than A10 and the price difference isn't that much. I picked up a 32gb WiFi model for 26900 back in October. There are zero lags and freezes and standby battery life is amazing. The OS definitely is restrictive. I have yet to find a good alternative to Tachiyomi Manga reader and if you are into emulators then it's going to be a major annoyance as Apple keeps patching all the exploits that are used to make these things work. But a bit of digging around and you can do stuff. For example there is an app called iSH that is basically Alpine Linux in a VM running on your iPad. I mess around with it.
Also the 8th gen comes with 20w charger as opposed to the 10 or 15w one in the older iPads.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Go for iPad eyes closed.
I've been using Ipad Pro 10.5 (2017) and never faced any issues. Battery is amazing and the processing power of A series chipset. Games look eye candy. Watching movies on it is a real treat to eyes.

Even if you buy a year old model you won't be disappointed as Apple optimizes its Apps for old gen version very well. And the reason for that is the Apple eCosystem to its customers.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
After these reviews, I am going for iPad 2020 32GB version. Also, do I require to use official apple dongles for hdmi and usb? Any third party recommendations?

z3rO

Journeyman
Do research thoroughly about lightning port accessories. What works, what doesn't. Even the simplest of the tasks can be a real PITA if you're not prepared for it.

I have never used any lightning port accessory myself so I can't say but I have heard enough people bitching about things not working. Caution advised.

setanjan123

In the zone
Make sure your main computer has a Type C port as the charging cable is USB C to lightning and not USB A to lightning. This might be obvious but my old PC didn't have a type C port. You only need to do ITunes sync once via the cable then you can enable WiFi Sync.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
After these reviews, I am going for iPad 2020 32GB version. Also, do I require to use official apple dongles for hdmi and usb? Any third party recommendations?
You can buy this one if you want
*www.amazon.in/Lighting-Synchroniza...=1618322451&sprefix=HDMI+to+li,aps,323&sr=8-6

Generic Superhero

Journeyman
Yes, the sim enabled iPad supports WhatsApp. I have the iPad 6 (2018). I use it daily for academic purposes and heavily dependent on it. It is a wonderfully designed piece of tech. Please get the iPad.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Yes, the sim enabled iPad supports WhatsApp. I have the iPad 6 (2018). I use it daily for academic purposes and heavily dependent on it. It is a wonderfully designed piece of tech. Please get the iPad.
NO, the newer iPad OS has got different market. In previous versions when iOS was used, it was supported. Basically one could download iPhone apps back then. Now the cellular model just used for internet purpose.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Really?? I am using iPad from 2017 but AFAIK it never had whatsapp.

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
Now finally I have got everything in place. I want to buy it today or tomorrow itself, but I am confused where to buy.

I am not open for online buying.

I have Pluton apple store, Unicorn apple store Reliance digital near me. Now Reliance digital says they will restock in May and so does not have that model.

Unicorn and Pluton do have that model , but reviews of unicorn store says that they are not trustable, and reviews of Pluton says that they overprice and also force the customer to buy insurance etc. Alongwith.

Both of them are country wide chains but I am totally confused from where to buy as I don't want to risk anything.

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
You can buy directly from Apple online. Also if you know any student, use their Student ID to get Student discount. Student discount in offline stores too. I don't know the details. So do your research. Which city are you located ?

OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
You can buy directly from Apple online. Also if you know any student, use their Student ID to get Student discount. Student discount in offline stores too. I don't know the details. So do your research. Which city are you located ?

I would prefer offline, so online would be last thing to do.

I am in Chandigarh.

Edit :- I checked apple online, they will be shipping it by 18 May, that will be too long for me.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Now finally I have got everything in place. I want to buy it today or tomorrow itself, but I am confused where to buy.

I am not open for online buying.

I have Pluton apple store, Unicorn apple store Reliance digital near me. Now Reliance digital says they will restock in May and so does not have that model.

Unicorn and Pluton do have that model , but reviews of unicorn store says that they are not trustable, and reviews of Pluton says that they overprice and also force the customer to buy insurance etc. Alongwith.

Both of them are country wide chains but I am totally confused from where to buy as I don't want to risk anything.
I think apple authorized store is your last bet I am sure they are quite pricy but they would provide you on spot.
which specific iPad version are you looking for?

Last edited:
OP
RumbaMon19

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
I think apple authorized store is your last bet I am sure they are quite pricy but they would provide you on spot.
which specific iPad version are you looking for?

iPad 8th gen 32GB space grey.

I contacted both the stores, Unicorn store didn't respond, while Pluton is quoting me 29900(same as apple's website) they also have some offers running right now, so they are asking me to come and check.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
iPad 8th gen 32GB space grey.

I contacted both the stores, Unicorn store didn't respond, while Pluton is quoting me 29900(same as apple's website) they also have some offers running right now, so they are asking me to come and check.
Go to their store and try iPad for a while

Top Bottom