Internet disconnecting very frequently

Status
Not open for further replies.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hi,

We are using Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite from the past 10 months with 2 Jio sims. Everyday the main sim in slot 1 is used for the mobile data and the phone is then used as a hotspot device. The mobile data used to disconnect/break/stop earlier also but it was for a few seconds and hence bearable, the mobile data icon is always there it's just that the internet stopped working for a few seconds. The last ota update was on 17th September. Here is the software version installed in the phone

6.jpg

Now since the last week of September, if the phone is connected as a hotspot device with any other phone/pc/laptop etc. the internet stops to work all of a sudden. The mobile data icon is there but the internet just doesn't work. It works if we restart the phone multiple times or turn on/off airplane mode many times. But the problem again starts after a few minutes. This does not fix it permanently though. The internet just stops working both in the phone and via hotspot.

If we turn off mobile hotspot then after few minutes the mobile data works flawlessly in the phone with maybe one or two disconnections which are for a few seconds in the phone. But a few minutes after the hotspot is turned on this issue starts again. Swapped both Jio sims from slot 1 and 2 and vice versa but it didn't help. Removed sim 2 and then swapped sim 1 (the main sim) from slot 1 to 2 but the same issue was there after the hotspot was turned on. At home, we are using many other Jio sims with other Samsung phones which are then used as hotspot devices and they all work fine. Tried resetting the network settings many times but no help.

Inserted a sim from some other operator in slot 1 and moved the main Jio sim to slot 2 yesterday and the mobile data and hotspot is working fine. If I switch the mobile data to slot 2 with the main Jio sim the mobile data works fine but a few minutes after the hotspot is turned on this issue again starts. This main Jio sim is able to make and receive calls and send and receive text messages just fine. Formatting the phone is the last option. What should I do?

Edit- Last night I opened up the camera to click up a document's picture. The camera by default opens in 1.0x mode, the screen became totally white with a pinkish hole in the middle. Same when I changed it to 2.0x mode. It worked fine in the 0.5x mode. I restarted the phone and it's all fine, as of now. Is this all happening due to the update?

Took out the main jio sim from slot 2 and tried the same in some other Samsung phone and then tried using it as a hotspot, it works great. Inserted that phone's Jio sim to the Note 10 and it is giving the same problems after the hotspot is turned on. The internet just stops working with a Jio Sim in the Note 10 Lite if the hotpsot is started. How to delete all settings of Jio from the Note 10 Lite and then ask Jio to send the network related settings again? Why I am emphasizing on this is because mobile data+hotspot by another ISP works great in the Note 10 Lite. Even with the Jio Sim it works fine, it stops only after the hotpsot is turned on.

@whitestar_999 @SaiyanGoku @patkim @bssunilreddy

Thanks

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
I just noted one thing, whenever a non Jio sim is inserted in a phone everytime they send the configuration message for the mobile data. Jio does that only the first time their sim is inserted in a phone. How to ask them to send it again?

D

Deleted member 345628

*www.jio.com/en-in/faq/services-dev...set-the-apn-on-my-smartphone-to-jionet.html#/

Just do this

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
*www.jio.com/en-in/faq/services-dev...set-the-apn-on-my-smartphone-to-jionet.html#/

Just do this
That link does not mention what to name this apn, what should be the mcc and mnc number, apn type and apn roaming and simple protocol. I copied that all by checking the same from some other phone in which Jio mobile data+hotspot works fine but same result.

One more thing, in this phone say the mobile data is working fine and we start the hotspot but do not connect any device to it, still the internet will stop to work.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Two questions, if you get simple text messages from someone and that number is blocked, those messages will go to the block section in the messaging app in Samsung phones. Is there any way to take backup of those blocked messages also?

Let's say the last ota update messed this up. Then even if the phone is formatted, it will auto update to this update as it was the latest ota. So, does it make sense to format. No one replies on Samsung forums and xda is, well xda is not xda anymore.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Only samsung users will be able to help in this case, I don't have any samsung phone.
Got it. But I think this is some crap related to the One OS. Moreoever there is no guarantee that formatting will fix it as this is the latest ota again. Is Anupam Omega now?

Any ideas about this Internet disconnecting very frequently ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got it. But I think this is some crap related to the One OS. Moreoever there is no guarantee that formatting will fix it as this is the latest ota again. Is Anupam Omega now?

Any ideas about this Internet disconnecting very frequently ?
Yes he is @omega44-xt now.

Have you tried this app, it should backup all sms irrespective of any other settings as long as sms are not moved from their default location in android.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Isn't there an option to disable auto OTA update in samsung?

Yes he is @omega44-xt now.

Have you tried this app, it should backup all sms irrespective of any other settings as long as sms are not moved from their default location in android.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riteshsahu.SMSBackupRestore&hl=en_IN&gl=US

Isn't there an option to disable auto OTA update in samsung?
I have no idea why that's happening. Resetting OS might be worth a try.

You can disable auto-download of update in Samsung.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt
The blocked sms's are kept in the blocked section of the messaging app. Now whether those will be copied or not is question number one. Second even if they do copy them then will those be again shown in the blocked section or in the normal section?

There is an option to disable auto download of os but by default the phone will have a year old os and some apps might start giving an error. The next ota "should" be out by the end of this month or in the mid of next month.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@whitestar_999 @omega44-xt
The blocked sms's are kept in the blocked section of the messaging app. Now whether those will be copied or not is question number one. Second even if they do copy them then will those be again shown in the blocked section or in the normal section?

There is an option to disable auto download of os but by default the phone will have a year old os and some apps might start giving an error. The next ota "should" be out by the end of this month or in the mid of next month.
Just try the app once to backup & then restore after deleteing a few blocked msgs(after taking their screenshots or backup also using samsung own app for backing up sms etc). You can have multiple messaging app on mobile each with its own blocked section having different blocked sms but the actual location of all those sms in your phone flash drive space/internal rom should be same.

Doesn't samsung has the option of manual download of various firmware updates sorted by date like asus or Xiaomi? Also I have run an year old android os on my redmi phone with no issues. Apps on android only give issues if you are running an android at least older than android 8 currently.

OP
B

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Just try the app once to backup & then restore after deleteing a few blocked msgs(after taking their screenshots or backup also using samsung own app for backing up sms etc). You can have multiple messaging app on mobile each with its own blocked section having different blocked sms but the actual location of all those sms in your phone flash drive space/internal rom should be same.

Doesn't samsung has the option of manual download of various firmware updates sorted by date like asus or Xiaomi? Also I have run an year old android os on my redmi phone with no issues. Apps on android only give issues if you are running an android at least older than android 8 currently.
using samsung own app for backing up sms etc
Samsung does not have their own app for this purpose.

Doesn't samsung has the option of manual download of various firmware updates sorted by date like asus or Xiaomi?
Unfortunately no.

Also I have run an year old android os on my redmi phone with no issues. Apps on android only give issues if you are running an android at least older than android 8 currently.
Apps compatibility issues will be there for a few apps but the security patches will be very old. I read somewhere that banking and other important apps give issues if the security patches are old.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Apps compatibility issues will be there for a few apps but the security patches will be very old. I read somewhere that banking and other important apps give issues if the security patches are old.

i have seen many banking apps including gpay, phonepe working fine without any issue on a redmi having last patch of 01/07/2018. yours older than this?

Willjoe

Broken In
Your internet keeps cutting out because you or your internet provider need to resolve one or more issues. For example, your modem may be faulty, your router may be out of date, or you may have too many devices using too much data simultaneously. Cables may be damaged. Network congestion may slow speeds.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom