Intel NUC

maheshn

Journeyman
Long term NUC user

Having 2 Intel NUC's and 1 AMD Mini PC

Intel NUCs are (i) 11PAHi5 (11th Gen Core i5 with Iris Xe Graphics, purchased recently
(ii) 5i5RyB (5th Gen Core i5, Intel HD Graphics (having for many years)

Runs mostly silent but CPU fan will be audible under heavy loads / hot temperatures.
I installed SSD's in both machines as primary boot drive. These models allow you to install 1 nvme and 1 2.5inch SATA drive if required (some of the sleeker models allow only nvme).

The one with Iris graphics can run most games at medium/low settings or with lowered resolution. Both of them can playback full HD video without any issues.

The machines are being used for browsing, office work, light gaming, some sound editing, etc. Are reasonably fast.

P.S. You want detailed reviews including nearly everything, try the NUC Blog at The NUC Blog - Because size does matter...
Disclaimer: I'm not linked to or affiliated with the blog in any way.

Last edited:

maheshn

Journeyman
Actually I'm having ASUS PN-51, details below.

Some details at video review

Tech specs Mini PC PN51 - Tech Specs|Mini PCs|ASUS Global

Available at Buy Online ASUS Mini PC PN51 Ultracompact barebone computer with AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor and support for quad 4K displays, with up to 64 GB DDR4 RAM, M.2 SSD, WiFi 5, Windows 10 Pro and dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C 90MR00K1-M00920 - in India

P. S. As before, i'm not affiliated with the review or the sites in any way, taken directly from DDG search
Also, this seems to me better than the 4700S, which does not have integrated graphics., for your kind information.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Actually I'm having ASUS PN-51, details below.

Some details at video review

Tech specs Mini PC PN51 - Tech Specs|Mini PCs|ASUS Global

Available at Buy Online ASUS Mini PC PN51 Ultracompact barebone computer with AMD Ryzen 5 5500U processor and support for quad 4K displays, with up to 64 GB DDR4 RAM, M.2 SSD, WiFi 5, Windows 10 Pro and dual USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-C 90MR00K1-M00920 - in India

P. S. As before, i'm not affiliated with the review or the sites in any way, taken directly from DDG search
Also, this seems to me better than the 4700S, which does not have integrated graphics., for your kind information.
I think we need to buy SSD and RAM separately so all in all it will even cross 44k config I posted above.

Sent from my SM-M317F using Tapatalk

maheshn

Journeyman
Correct that the ASUS mentioned is a barebones., but the GT710 in the kit you mentioned is worse than old Intel HD graphics. Buying a good graphics card now would cost more than the whole PC. Sad times :cry:

Also, the AMD 4700S has a history. It isn't a normal Mini PC by any standard. Take a close read at AMD Quietly Launches Recycled Xbox Series X APU As 4700S Desktop Kit

And the performance at AMD 4700S Review: Defective PlayStation 5 Chips Resurrected

(It'll give a more clearer picture)

Top Bottom