Intel D965 X3000 vs Geforce 6200

Status
Not open for further replies.

quakeboy

Right off the assembly line
I have a D965 Intel MB with Core 2 duo processor @ 1.86 Ghz and 512 MB Ram.

I am a programmer and had made a Cad like single threaded application using OpenGL and MFC. Simple OpenGL application

Then I ran it on X3000 Onboard graphics it was super fast and no sluggish movements.

Then I added a Geforce 6200 PCIe card and tested and it showed sluggish graphics response to the mouse. Like the line runs behind the mouse pointer.

My program has just lines and circles, windowed at 800x600 while destop resolution is 1280x1024

Any body can tell me why its slow on the external graphics card Nvidia GF 6200 with Turbo Cache ?

a_tif

Journeyman
new geforce 6200 agp and pci-e has certain problems

one of the most easily observerd one is the presence of small dashed lines in explorer windows

other problems are with videos , 90 series of drivers could not run videos.
CPU usage went to 100 n pc hanged on playing videos
thats fixed now

nvidia doesnt make proper drivers for 6200

as for turbo cache version of 6200 , it has small amount of ram on it n rest it shares from main memory. thats y it dont perform too good

for ur problem i think its to do with drivers

get newer drivers

nvidia dont release many drivers so go to www.guru3d.com , u will find nvidia beta drivers there

beta drivers work better than official drivers for 6200

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
^^ :O

anyway .. which driver did u use ?? Also make sure u disable vram sharing from mobo bios ..

BTW .. which application ???

OP
Q

quakeboy

Right off the assembly line
Application is a self made one.
A small OpenGL line,circle drawing application.

It was working very fine on even Intel 865 MB onboard graphics. I had optimised it like that. Its working the same speed in the Intel 965 X3000 also

But Geforce 6200 when i add to 965, even with the latest beta drivers from guru3d, its showing sluggish performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom