Install same Win XP OS on two different partitions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

patkim

Cyborg Agent
Is it possible to install Win XP twice on same HDD on two different partitions?

Reason I wish to do it is to treat the second installation as test pc!
I keep trying a number of freeware / sharewares and don’t want to disturb the existing configuration of my Win XP on C:

Thanks,

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
Ya its possible ..as long as its on another partition...

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
patkim said:
Is it possible to install Win XP twice on same HDD on two different partitions?
Yes U can, but I don't know that it's legal or illegal.

patkim said:
I keep trying a number of freeware / sharewares and don’t want to disturb the existing configuration of my Win XP on C:
Well my suggestion is to install Microsoft Virtual PC or VMWare Virtual Station for such experiments

47shailesh

Security Exp
Even u can use Pation Magic to install two OS on HDD but at a time either of the partion will be available...means if u install OS on C: and D: and boot from OS in C: then D: drive will be invisible for you....

morpheusv6

Journeyman
You can even install your 2 windows OSs on the same partition( I have tried it). But remember the order of your OS in the intial startup screen when the system asks for the OS (in case of 2 or more OSs).

tintin100

Broken In
47shailesh said:
Even u can use Pation Magic to install two OS on HDD but at a time either of the partion will be available...means if u install OS on C: and D: and boot from OS in C: then D: drive will be invisible for you....

Noooo buddy. i had installed 2 XP on C: and D: both worked fine, and all the partitions were visible from both the OS.

It is possible and very easy. while booting from cd, just change the partition from C: to any other logical partition. (i only tried with XP) and you will have a dual boot system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom