Install game for Guest Account...!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad_den

Padawan
I have some games installed in my user account, which I would like to share with the guest account, 'coz my cousins wanna play them.. However, neither do I want to create new user accounts for them, nor give access to my account. Is there a way to install the game for the guest account..??

I have tried to install the game from the guest account by selecting Run as option... but it says I need administrative rights.. During set up from my account also the game does not give an option to install for all users... So what is the remedy..??

Forgot to mention... I run Windows XP SP2..

Last edited:

sam_1710

Youngling
Are you asking : How to play an installed game from a guest account! ??
then ur solution.. jus make a shortcut of the executable of the game on the guest account desktop..(to make it easier for them to find it!!)

sakumar79

Technomancer
Also, you may need to set permissions for the guest account to access the games' installed path to allow them to access save files, etc...

Arun

OP
prasad_den

prasad_den

Padawan
sam_1710 said:
Are you asking : How to play an installed game from a guest account! ??
then ur solution.. jus make a shortcut of the executable of the game on the guest account desktop..(to make it easier for them to find it!!)
Yes.. I was asking that... maybe took a longer route to explain that... :D :D
However, I've already tried it the way you've mentioned... and it doesn't work...!!

sakumar79 said:
Also, you may need to set permissions for the guest account to access the games' installed path to allow them to access save files, etc...

Arun
How do I do that..??

Last edited:

sakumar79

Technomancer
Go to the folder where you have installed the games. Select the folder and right-click and go to Sharing and Security... Look at the Security Tab. Here, you should press Add button, enter Guest in the form and press Ok and then tick 'allow' permission for all the activities like reading, writing, etc...

Arun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom