INR15k to 20K max PC components Upgrade advice

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Hello Guys,
My Current running config is as follows..
Intel 4150 + Gigabyte H81M S2PH, procured in Feb 2015
Kingston Fury 4GB DDR3 x 2 Ram, [1 ram in Feb 2015 while got other ram in Oct 2019 ]
Kingston 240GB SSD, [Procured in Sept 2020]
Antec VP450P [procured in Feb 2015]
Corsair Spec 05 case[bought in Sept 2020]

In sale period around 15000 INR budget getting few major PC components like CPU + Mobo + Ram + Wireless KB/Mouse.
1.AMD 3200G + ASROCK A320M-HDV +Logitech MK235 from flipkart around 11500 INR after all discounts ]
2.Kingston Fury Beast 3200 Mhz 8GB DDR4 Ram x2 @ 4350 after discounts from Amazon.

Will the Motherboard support ryzen 3200g out of the box or I have to do it on my own?

For few more months I will be reusing the Antec VP450P & get new power supply along with NVME SSD if supported or M.2 SSD in mid of 2023
Its for Basic Home use & slight Gaming by all members.
Thank You

Last edited:

DestGod

Journeyman
For how much are you getting the Ryzen 3 3200G? Quad cores without SMT are non existant today, they touch 100% usage when you open any game or do extreme multitasking. Windows is partly at fault as well. I would suggest the Intel i3 10100, or Ryzen 3 4350G (OEM) or Ryzen 5 4600G from AMD.
A320s do support 3000 series CPUs out of the box, but they unfortunately do not support 4000 series chips.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
For how much are you getting the Ryzen 3 3200G? Quad cores without SMT are non existant today, they touch 100% usage when you open any game or do extreme multitasking. Windows is partly at fault as well. I would suggest the Intel i3 10100, or Ryzen 3 4350G (OEM) or Ryzen 5 4600G from AMD.
A320s do support 3000 series CPUs out of the box, but they unfortunately do not support 4000 series chips.
here are the links
AMD 3200G after discount its showing me 7918 before Credit card discount

AS Rock A320M-HDV Motherboard around 3650

Attachments

• screenshot.png
    screenshot.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 94

DestGod

Journeyman
here are the links
AMD 3200G after discount its showing me 7918 before Credit card discount

AS Rock A320M-HDV Motherboard around 3650
It would be better to get the CPU alone from Flipkart and mobo from a different website, like ITDepot or MDComputers. Flipkart is the last website to go for PC part shopping.

Consider an i3 10100 + H510 combo, it has a massive performance uplift over the Ryzen 3 3200G. It costs about 3.5k more as well, but its worth it IMO. The 3200G won't last if you plan on upgrading to windows 11, which is extremely bloated.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Okay, Thanks for the valuable information. So we will think over it & may postpone the decision.
Is there any hope for new Ryzen with graphics to come down after new socket introduction by AMD?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Okay, Thanks for the valuable information. So we will think over it & may postpone the decision.
Is there any hope for new Ryzen with graphics to come down after new socket introduction by AMD?
Ryzen 7000 launches next week and they will be equipped with iGPU, but they won't be as powerful as the Ryzen APUs on graphics front. Doesn't look like they are keen on launching entry level APUs in the line of 2200G/3200G. 4000 series APUs are OEM version and they priced higher and there are no 5000 entry level APUs. Going by the rumour they may launch APUs down the line but don't expect any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes more than a year.

Just a thought, if you're buying now you can get Intel F series chip along with dGPU or powerful APU your budget allows.

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Ryzen 7000 launches next week and they will be equipped with iGPU, but they won't be as powerful as the Ryzen APUs on graphics front. Doesn't look like they are keen on launching entry level APUs in the line of 2200G/3200G. 4000 series APUs are OEM version and they priced higher and there are no 5000 entry level APUs. Going by the rumour they may launch APUs down the line but don't expect any time soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it takes more than a year.

Just a thought, if you're buying now you can get Intel F series chip along with dGPU or powerful APU your budget allows.
thanks for the pointer.
Actually my current system would be completing 8 yrs by Feb 2023 so wanted to move it for HTPC and basic task at native place. I wanted to keep it low so decided on this setup just at 15k. I had thought to add good cpu cooler too later on if temps become uncomfortable.
Not sure how the usage may turn out to be ? I really wanted to try AMD & not ready for dedicated GPU. Cannot risk it.
11 year old in the house but we do have a Acer laptop with Nvidia 1650 GPU mostly for him so other members could use Desktop for their needs.

DestGod

Journeyman

There have been no news of entry level chips from AMD, so forget about budget 7000 series APUs from them. Their cheapest CPU will be the 7600X, which end up being priced around 30k here, not to mention mobo and DDR5 prices.

A decent dGPU + F chips cost more than 20k, not worth it IMO.

DestGod

Journeyman
thanks for the pointer.
Actually my current system would be completing 8 yrs by Feb 2023 so wanted to move it for HTPC and basic task at native place. I wanted to keep it low so decided on this setup just at 15k. I had thought to add good cpu cooler too later on if temps become uncomfortable.
Not sure how the usage may turn out to be ? I really wanted to try AMD & not ready for dedicated GPU. Cannot risk it.
11 year old in the house but we do have a Acer laptop with Nvidia 1650 GPU mostly for him so other members could use Desktop for their needs.
The only decent APU from AMD rn is the 5600G, which costs 16k. Other aren't worth it, due to competition from Intel (not iGPU wise)

OP
sandynator

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
The only decent APU from AMD rn is the 5600G, which costs 16k. Other aren't worth it, due to competition from Intel (not iGPU wise)
Thanks.
I was expecting the pricing of 5600g to drop down further in coming months so may wait as well.
Requirements are bare minimum & current sale price is very appealing to me.
I get your point but honestly a thought of saving money and investing it in other hobby or needed stuff is quite luring to me. In fact I added MSI MAG 650 80 plus bronze psu with 5 yrs of warranty in my cart as getting it below 4k. Using new components on 7.5 yrs old PSU is bit of concern too.

Lets see how it goes. Thanks once again.

DestGod

Journeyman
Thanks.
I was expecting the pricing of 5600g to drop down further in coming months so may wait as well.
Requirements are bare minimum & current sale price is very appealing to me.
I get your point but honestly a thought of saving money and investing it in other hobby or needed stuff is quite luring to me. In fact I added MSI MAG 650 80 plus bronze psu with 5 yrs of warranty in my cart as getting it below 4k. Using new components on 7.5 yrs old PSU is bit of concern too.

Lets see how it goes. Thanks once again.
Well, I sort of understand. I still think that the i3 10100 is a better option, but take your call.
Also, why a 650w PSU? Your PC won't consume more than a 100w. Unless you plan on buying a dGPU in the future, a 450w or 550w PSU will be fine. Consider the Deepcool PK 450D or the XPG Pylon 450w.

Top Bottom