India's tech hub is a stressed out city

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
BANGALORE: India's technology hub is being racked by more and more suicides. Over 200 people, including youngsters between 10 and 14 years, commit suicide every month in the city as they suffer from stress or financial insecurity or loneliness, say police, social workers and doctors.

Bangalore police records show that in the first seven months of this year 1,444 people in the city killed themselves. That is an average of 206 suicides a month.

A study by the National Institute of Mental Health and Neurosciences (Nimhans), Bangalore, says 10 percent of suicides in Bangalore is by youngsters between 10 and 14 years.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) says that 17 out of every 100,000 people commit suicide in Bangalore, the highest number in the country. In New Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai, the suicide rates are respectively 10, 12 and 11 per 100,000.

http//economictimes.indiatimes.com/Indias_technology_hub_is_a_stressed_out_city/articleshow/3424994.cms

Last edited:

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
I feel that this generation of our which leaves the house at 7 am and returns exhausted by 11 pm will not be able to retain its efficiency after the age of 35-40 yrs. Most will be labeled as non-performing assets or low-performing assets! It does have a very bad effect on family and personal life! Most will need psychiatrists!

btw, correct the link in your post!

abhi.eternal

In search of light...
nowadays everyone who is in a higher level wants the jobs done much faster from those who are under them. they won't understand our problems (here i am talking about my manager!!) but they want the job done at any cost, not that they will give reward for that. and if you don't do it... well, you are out! man, can that person for one day step into our shoe and check how the job is like these days... i am pretty sure it wasn't like this during his/her junior days.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
^You can blame your manager. He too is in similar shoes as you, albeit a bigger one! At the end, there is market competition and survival.

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Just would like to add a line by Chetan Bhagat.

If God wanted us to take our own life, he would have provided a power off button. He didn't, so have faith and let his plan for you unfold. Because no matter how tough life gets and how much it hurts, if street dogs don't give up, there is no reason why we, the smart species, should. Makes sense right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom