indian languages in android

mahendran

Journeyman
I am not able to open any indian language messages of whatspp in my samsung S2 SGH-1727bought from USA.

I had downloaded the fonts from playstore and installed.

installed opera mini.however could not open "config" option,so as to change necessary setting(this was a suggestion on googling)

downloaded peacock browser.

all these things not helped.

can anybody suggest some work around or apps to enable usage of indian langauages like "malayalam"

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Have you tried adding languages from:
Android Settings -> Language and Input -> Language -> Google Keyboard -> Input Language -> Use System Language. Then select your language?

TechnoBOY

Padawan
SwiftKey on Thursday has announced the release of an updated (version 5.1) beta keyboard app for Android with support for 11 new Indian languages - Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu, as well as Nepali and Sinhala, along with a Diwali-themed keyboard.
the keyboard is here SwiftKey Announces Support for 11 New Indian Languages; Releases Diwali Theme | NDTV Gadgets

$hadow

Geek in making
downloaded and installed both version including beta.

however unable to read indian language messages in whatsapp.

using the beta version I have installed the language too.

anything else to be done?

Is the device rooted?

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
What version of Android are you running? I guess you need atleast JellyBean for Indian characters (not sure of ICS)

BhargavJ

In the zone
I have a Xolo Q800, Android version 4.1.2, not rooted; it doesn't show Indian languages, Gujarati in my case, it shows a lot of blank space with a few punctuations marks here and there.

A few days ago, I got this app from Play Store called "View in Gujarati." It doesn't directly show the Whatsapp messages in Gujarati; you have to copy the message and open it in this app, and then it'll show it correctly. I haven't checked, but there might be similar apps for other languages.

I checked on Play Store; the Swiftkey version they have is 5.0 something; not the 5.1 beta that supports Indian languages. So still searching for something that'll show the text directly in Whatsapp.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
I have a Xolo Q800, Android version 4.1.2, not rooted; it doesn't show Indian languages, Gujarati in my case, it shows a lot of blank space with a few punctuations marks here and there.

A few days ago, I got this app from Play Store called "View in Gujarati." It doesn't directly show the Whatsapp messages in Gujarati; you have to copy the message and open it in this app, and then it'll show it correctly. I haven't checked, but there might be similar apps for other languages.

I checked on Play Store; the Swiftkey version they have is 5.0 something; not the 5.1 beta that supports Indian languages. So still searching for something that'll show the text directly in Whatsapp.

I could not trace any apps similar to view in gujarati,for viewing malayalam text.

swiftkey 5.1 beta cannot be downloaded direct.first we have to download swiftkey and then after that by volunteering to be tester,we can download the beta version which have support for 11 indian language..however even installing the ssame i could not open the whatsapp message sent in malayalam. may apart from downloading and installing the beta version,something else may need to be done.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
I could not trace any apps similar to view in gujarati,for viewing malayalam text.

swiftkey 5.1 beta cannot be downloaded direct.first we have to download swiftkey and then after that by volunteering to be tester,we can download the beta version which have support for 11 indian language..however even installing the ssame i could not open the whatsapp message sent in malayalam. may apart from downloading and installing the beta version,something else may need to be done.

??????????? ?????? ????????? | Read Malayalam in Android | ??????

ankush28

Bazinga
I am not able to open any indian language messages of whatspp in my samsung S2 SGH-1727bought from USA.

Won't work... ROOT is must to some assemblies ;)

- - - Updated - - -

@others how keyboards are gonna help :crazy:

- - - Updated - - -

The reason why it won't work.
>Its US version
>S2 is old! Even Indian version won't support. Most 4.2+ devices can display Indian languages.

Top Bottom