Indian Car buying guide

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Thank you for the suggestion but Titanium variant is out of my budget.
@ ALL what do you think about MS Ignis Petrol just asking because I love the look of the car?
And how it compares with VW polo petrol?
Now I am driving Alto 800 LXI, and I think Ignis will be better upgrade over Nexon as my running is within 500Km/month.
But but if I do ladakh trip in near future Nexon will be better isn't it ?

We(family) have the MS Ignis Petrol AMT. It's a well built car. The automatic one is a bit laggy when it comes to acceleration but that's due to the transmission. Would be different in manual one. Do test drive it. Dual Airbags and ABS is available in all variants. It has the same petrol engine as the Swift. Ignis all more spacious and a bigger boot than Swift. I don't about Nexon so can't compare to it.

I do can advise on getting a petrol over a diesel if the average running is around 500km. I can't say how good either is for the Ladakh trip, keeping in mind the road conditions there. Getting a diesel for one trip doesn't sounds economical. Why don't you rent a SUV for the Ladakh trip ?

I would advise against VW polo petrol. It's a good car but there are lots of cons. The rear seat space is congested , expensive to maintain (My relative have a Polo ), after sales service is mostly bad(They don't fix issues immediately, make premature parts replacement citing wear and tear and parts not available and have to wait ). You can ask your colleagues and friends who have VW car to know how the after sales service is near your location. If it is good only then consider a VW. Again do search around TeamBhp forum for more info.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
We(family) have the MS Ignis Petrol AMT. It's a well built car. The automatic one is a bit laggy when it comes to acceleration but that's due to the transmission. Would be different in manual one. Do test drive it. Dual Airbags and ABS is available in all variants. It has the same petrol engine as the Swift. Ignis all more spacious and a bigger boot than Swift. I don't about Nexon so can't compare to it.

I do can advise on getting a petrol over a diesel if the average running is around 500km. I can't say how good either is for the Ladakh trip, keeping in mind the road conditions there. Getting a diesel for one trip doesn't sounds economical. Why don't you rent a SUV for the Ladakh trip ?

I would advise against VW polo petrol. It's a good car but there are lots of cons. The rear seat space is congested , expensive to maintain (My relative have a Polo ), after sales service is mostly bad(They don't fix issues immediately, make premature parts replacement citing wear and tear and parts not available and have to wait ). You can ask your colleagues and friends who have VW car to know how the after sales service is near your location. If it is good only then consider a VW. Again do search around TeamBhp forum for more info.
Thanks for the advice. Yes, renting for ladakh trip is far better idea. Actually I too much skeptical to go for Nexon it's totally a new launched car and lots of negative review I am getting from the owner.
One thing I know about VW is it's very expensive to maintain and also the ground clearance in polo is not enough for Indian roads.
Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Stormbringer

Ambassador of Buzz
Days of MT cars are limited in India. Again it depends upon person to person some people will say that Audi's service is superb and BMW's suck but some will say otherwise. I agree that they are costly, very much rather. But that's what you have to accept for these German cars. What kinda issues with DSG? Diesel Gate scandal was in USA and that VW employee was jailed for 7 years 2 days back.
P.S. I don't own a car by VW, though I won't mind one, one day.
Keeping in mind the Indian road infrastructure , mileage conscious ppl, driving enthusiasts , MT cars have a long future ahead. AT won't be replacing MT anytime soon. I do agree Service quality can differ from region to region but some company's after sales are bad consistently throughout the country Ex Chevorlet. Also Tendia didn't ask for a BMW ,Audi or any other luxury/ premium cars which are obviously costly to own and maintain.

Diesel Gate scandal was in multiple countries including India. Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) in it's finding stated the presence of emission testing defeat software as: "not a product failure but a clear case of cheating. VW did cheat and that's a fact. I personally won't buy their cars and that's my preference. Also this scandal does not apply to all models and doesn't involve petrol engines.

Note : Please don't take any of this personally. The aim is to help ppl in buying their car.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Keeping in mind the Indian road infrastructure , mileage conscious ppl, driving enthusiasts , MT cars have a long future ahead. AT won't be replacing MT anytime soon. I do agree Service quality can differ from region to region but some company's after sales are bad consistently throughout the country Ex Chevorlet. Also Tendia didn't ask for a BMW ,Audi or any other luxury/ premium cars which are obviously costly to own and maintain.

Diesel Gate scandal was in multiple countries including India. Automotive Research Association of India (ARAI) in it's finding stated the presence of emission testing defeat software as: "not a product failure but a clear case of cheating. VW did cheat and that's a fact. I personally won't buy their cars and that's my preference. Also this scandal does not apply to all models and doesn't involve petrol engines.

Note : Please don't take any of this personally. The aim is to help ppl in buying their car.

None taken my dear. I don't even own a car. Cheers.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I agree with this point. Though, Audi A8 and BMW (luxury cars) a dream cars for us.So, can't comment on them buying.

We are happy with Budget cars with our hard earned money :)

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I think VW is one brand in budget segment which is very expensive to maintain. 1st service Costs of polo is around 13k (15000km/year).

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hoping for suggestions for a sedan (<8L) budget with around 100K travel per month and occasional long trips. Options are Toyota platinum etios, dzire, xcent & amaze. Safety, Mileage, cost of maintenance very important. Basically looking for a VFM sedan.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Hoping for suggestions for a sedan (<8L) budget with around 100K travel per month and occasional long trips. Options are Toyota platinum etios, dzire, xcent & amaze. Safety, Mileage, cost of maintenance very important. Basically looking for a VFM sedan.
I would personally pick up any except dzire eyes closed. The only thing to look out are the additional features and looks.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Yesterday, saw the reviews of Verna on youtube & teambhp. and it is the Car to drive for.
Now, it has grabbed my eye balls, and the Red color looks so good.

Only thing is the confusion between Diesel & Petrol variant.
MT is what I prefer.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yesterday, saw the reviews of Verna on youtube & teambhp. and it is the Car to drive for.
Now, it has grabbed my eye balls, and the Red color looks so good.

Only thing is the confusion between Diesel & Petrol variant.
MT is what I prefer.
Get diesel if you your running is more than 500km per month. Actually diesel engine gives more milage than petrol engine.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

xcent and amaze are good options and etios has excellent resale value.

The Toyota cars are known for good reliable engines and stability

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Out of this my choice would be toyoto etios.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Get diesel if you your running is more than 500km per month. Actually diesel engine gives more milage than petrol engine.

Yes for long mileages Diesel is preferred.
But I want to know about other details such as the maintenance cost of diesel vs petrol.
Life of Diesel engine vs Petrol.
Noise level.
Stability and other technical details.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Yes for long mileages Diesel is preferred.
But I want to know about other details such as the maintenance cost of diesel vs petrol.
Life of Diesel engine vs Petrol.
Noise level.
Stability and other technical details.
1) Diesel engine is slightly expensive to maintain.
2) NVH level higher than petrol. But Hyundai tweaked it really well to down the noise.
3) In general diesel engine lasts longer than petrol engine.
Stability and control will be par with petrol engine but diesel car will be slightly heavy. And the pickup and acceleration will be Linear in nature.

Top Bottom