[India] Good new phone to buy?

vocabartist

Right off the assembly line
Look to sell my Moto X Play. This one is old, less space. No way to transfer apps on to memory card. I use Gaana app (music streaming app). And I have over 6GB of downloaded songs in it. That's the biggest problem - it's not going to go down. I might switch to another app due to less number of songs. But even then that will not take any less memory.

So I wanna move to a new phone.

All new phones come with Nougat 7.1. so my question is - can we transfer phone apps to sd card ?

PS: very first post in this forum, but no apologies for beginner mistakes

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fill the questionnaire.

Moving apps to sd card is basically considered stupid now since internal storage is faster and storing all your media files on the sd card causes no performance issues. I tested the latter with a 64 GB exFAT formatted sandisk ultra on a 2 year old Yureka.

OP
V

vocabartist

Fill the questionnaire.

Moving apps to sd card is basically considered stupid now since internal storage is faster and storing all your media files on the sd card causes no performance issues. I tested the latter with a 64 GB exFAT formatted sandisk ultra on a 2 year old Yureka.
Should I buy a higher memory phone directly? Because 64GB also will not give me 60GB to use. I want to use the most hogging apps like music and youtube ones to sd card. Can I move it to sd card on Nougat 7.1 or not?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Should I buy a higher memory phone directly? Because 64GB also will not give me 60GB to use. I want to use the most hogging apps like music and youtube ones to sd card. Can I move it to sd card on Nougat 7.1 or not?

Why are you so focused on moving apps to sd card?
Youtube doesn't hogs space. If it does, you are using it wrong. For offline viewing of youtube videos, I use snaptube. For music, well I have my flac files. And I still have enough space left to do 2-4 complete twrp backups.

OP
V

vocabartist

Why are you so focused on moving apps to sd card?
Youtube doesn't hogs space. If it does, you are using it wrong. For offline viewing of youtube videos, I use snaptube. For music, well I have my flac files. And I still have enough space left to do 2-4 complete twrp backups.
I am comfortable with music apps. Been using it since 2 years, won't change at the drop of a hat. Certainly not at the suggestion of someone who doesn't even understand my situation.

OP
V

vocabartist

Questionnaire for Mobile phone purchase queries
1. Budget?
20,000 INR - 30,000 INR

2. Display type and size?
5 - 5.5"

3. Dual sim?
Would be good to have

4. Preferred choice of brand?
NOT samsung

5. What camera option you want (flash, front facing camera)?

Should have a good front facing camera, and decent back facing. Front facing flash preferred

6. Preferred operating system? (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc).

Android or Windows Phone

7. Preferred connectivity options (3G, 4G ready).
4G

8. Primary use of handset (multimedia, camera, internet, gaming etc)?

Internet and note taking, music streaming apps, social networking, gaming

9. Any specific mobile phones in consideration?

Moto G5 Plus,

Nokia 8 (because of smaller size and brand)

10. Any other info that you want to share

I currently use a music streaming app, it's taking a lot of memory for downloaded songs. I want big Internal memory or ability to move app to SD card

kunnusingh

Journeyman
Look to sell my Moto X Play. This one is old, less space. No way to transfer apps on to memory card. I use Gaana app (music streaming app). And I have over 6GB of downloaded songs in it. That's the biggest problem

So it means If your apps will be moved to SD card then your issue will be solved. I was purchased a Samsung mobile which does not allow to move Apps.

After searching on internet, I found that most of company do this to force users to buy their expensive mobile with more disk, etc because of If they will allow moving content to SD card then users will not purchase expensive mobile or mobile with more disk, RAM.

I was found a solution, You only need to root your mobile and search for mounting SD card with System file. There was no solution but I recently found it in a XDA forum and now I don't need to purchase new mobile.

After moving Apps/Data to SD, I did not feel any difference in performance, Only first time it was start slow but after that speed issue was automatically fix by rebooting my mobile.(reboot = restart).

Top Bottom