Imgur Pro Is Now Free For Everyone

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Now is a good time to get a more professional image hosting service for free.

Imgur's blog: Imgur Pro for Everyone ? Imgur Blog

On Imgur’s first birthday, we announced Imgur Pro, a paid account that gave users the ability to support their favorite image sharer while getting some cool extra features in return. Today, we celebrate Imgur’s sixth year, and we’ve decided that you’re the one who deserves a gift. We’re phasing out Pro subscriptions…and making the Pro features completely free for every Imgur user!

Here are all the goods you’ll get with your free Imgur account starting today:

Store an unlimited number of images in your account
Receive multiple thumbnail options on all uploads
Access complete image analytics and referrer data
Manage, edit or delete any uploaded image at any time
Interact with the awesome Imgur community through commenting, voting and sharing

It’s been an amazing six years for Imgur. What began as a simple image uploading service has transformed into a community of the Internet’s most dynamic visual storytellers. Imgur has become the best place to explore, share, and discuss the Internet’s images–and we couldn’t have done it without your support and loyalty. We’re looking forward to many more years of uniting the universe through images with you.

Enjoy the free stuff!

From Forbes:

In 2009, Alan Schaaf launched Imgur from his dorm at Ohio University as a way to share images online without limits. Now more than 60 billion images are viewed on Imgur per month and it is one of the top 50 largest websites in the world. Imgur has been generating revenue primarily through ads and Pro accounts. However, Imgur recently announced that its Pro features are now available for free.

Imgur’s Pro tools used to cost $3 per month with a discount at $24 per year. Imgur users upgraded to Imgur Pro to have ads removed, to access advanced analytics and to have less file size limitations for sharing images. Even though Imgur Pro is available for everyone, the ads will remain in place.

What features do all Imgur users have now? Imgur used to cap free users at 225 image uploads, but now you can store an unlimited number of images in your account. Users will receive multiple thumbnail options on all uploads. After uploading an image, users will be able to track the total image views over time, graph image views by data range, see the top traffic referral sources and get detailed traffic referral paths within each top referral source. Imgur’s Pro users were able to host images up to 10MB size, whereas free users were capped at 5MB. Now every Imgur user is capped at 5MB, unless you are uploading an animated GIF at up to 200MB.

Imgur decided to make Imgur Pro free as a way to celebrate its sixth birthday. If you bought an Imgur Pro account in the past month, then you will automatically receive a refund. The refunds will be sent automatically through PayPal or Google GOOGL +2.06% Wallet.

Source: Imgur Pro Is Now Free For Everyone - Forbes

gameranand

Living to Play
Wow nice. Even though I use Flickr because of various resolution option for sharing. Still its good that my secondary account is pro now. :p

tkin

Back to school!!
Imageshack used to be the de facto image sharing option before Imgur came into picture, some of you may remember the Imageshack hot linking to 3rd party fiasco that gave rise to Imgur.

Nice to see that they had come this far, Imgur has become the de facto image sharing option for many sites, like: Reddit.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Imgur was actually made for reddit by a redditor.

He wanted to make a image hosting service that was easier to use and share.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
This is really a good news. Back in the days I only used imgur since it use to easily provide direct link to the image to share on the forum and the likes.

But once I realize that there was a restriction on the number of images that can be seen (images use to be accessible but hidden after like 225 images) in free account of imgur, I migrated to minus.com

I guess I could migrate to imgur again after this.

Top Bottom