I'm looking to but a sub-40k laptop, to replace my computer. light to medium gaming, web browsing

MadaboutEPL

Right off the assembly line
1) What is your budget?

A: Rs 40,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Weight should be <2.5 KG, as I need to carry it around once-twoce a week

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

A: The Primary task would be browsing the web, designing and editing images, and moderate amount of gaming, at low to medium settings.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

A: I don't have a particular model in mind (the reason I'm asking for your advice here) but the minumum requirements for me are
• Intel Core i3/i5 (4th/5th Gen) | AMD A8/A10
• 4/8 GB of RAM
• 1 TB HDD (500GB would do, if other specs are really good)
• 2 GB of dedicated graphics, either AMD ot Nvidia (for moderate gaming and some photo editing)
• Windows 8/Windows 8.1 would be a bonus, but DOS would suit me just fine.
• A DVD RW Drive

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell, HP, Lenovo, ASUS
b. Dislike: Acer, Apple (like I'll get a Macbook under 40k ;) )

6) Anything else you would like to say?

Screen resolution: 768p (so that gaming is smooth)
Battery back up: Normal, 3-4hrs

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Re: I'm looking to but a sub-40k laptop, to replace my computer. light to medium gaming, web browsin

If you want to play games, don't get anything below 940M. You'll have to increase the budget a bit and no matter what, don't get duped into buying laptops with "2 GB graphics card" unless the GPU outperforms the GT 940M.

OP
M

MadaboutEPL

Re: I'm looking to but a sub-40k laptop, to replace my computer. light to medium gaming, web browsin

Thanks for the advice, would keep that in mind. What should it cost me (approx) to buy one with 940M, even from cheaper brands like ASUS?

Gagan Gera

Journeyman

There is a lenovo y50-70 model with 840m around 43k.. Check it..

Gagan Gera

Journeyman

Y50 comes with 860m, Z50 comes with 840m

Oh sorry its z50-70 :p Buy Lenovo Z50-70 59420313 15.6-inch Laptop (Core i5-4200U/4GB/1TB/DOS/2GB Graphics), Silver Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

OP
M

MadaboutEPL

Thanks Gagan and Saiyan, I'll ask around in the stores, and look it up.

Update: After a bit of asking around at the best store shere in Kolkata, I have got these options:

Laptp options.jpg

Gagan Gera

Journeyman

Forget gaming If u buy any of the above laptops..

OP
M

MadaboutEPL

Well, do you have any better suggestions at around 40k? I know gaming on the ones I mentioned would be SEVERELY lacking.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!

Well, do you have any better suggestions at around 40k? I know gaming on the ones I mentioned would be SEVERELY lacking.
Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) Rs.39585 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-419439) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-420313) Rs.41934 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Free DOS/ 2GB Graph) (59-420313) SIlver Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) Rs.44696 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) SIlver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Rs.45900 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

PS: increase budget

OP
M

MadaboutEPL

Thanks a lot Saiyan :)

imRAyush

1) What is your budget?

A: Rs 40,000

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?

Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen
Weight should be <2.5 KG, as I need to carry it around once-twoce a week

HP Pavilion 15-ab028TX Notebook

Intel Core i3 (5th Gen)
Dual Core, 2.1 GHz Clock Speed
4 GB DDR3 RAM
1 TB Hard Disk
2 GB AMD Graphics Card
15.6 inches, 1920 x 1080 pixels Screen
Windows 8.1 OS

check details here: HP Pavilion 15-ab028TX Notebook

Top Bottom