i3 Laptop for Maya

sinhead

Broken In
1) What is your budget? - 35K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer? - 15.6" - 16" - 17" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?

Run maya - light 3d modelling only. No Rendering. No Gaming.

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ? - i3, 8gb Ram, 500gb or less HDD

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like? - would prefer Asus, Acer.

6) Anything else you would like to say? -

1. Is there any i3 series which has some knows bugs, and I should stay clear off.?
2. I should be able to add a graphics card and ssd later on. No need for 1tb HDD. :)

3. Anti-glare screen will be a good feature.

4. I have a desktop for cpu intensive tasks. So no need for i5 or i7 processor in the laptop. All i need is good ram and a reasonable graphics card.

Thanks!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I will add a gpu and ssd if needed, after a few months (once I have more cash to spare). The dedicated gpu will be fine till then.
Either you misunderstood or failed to explain your situation.How is it that you are going to "add graphics card to a laptop",it is not desktop that you can open & insert a graphics card in an empty slot?Whatever graphics card you get with a laptop,or no graphics card,it is permanent & can not be changed later.Also when we say "dedicated gpu" it means graphics card,the "integrated graphics" is what that comes in laptops without graphics card.

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Personally, I recommend i5 or i7. i3 might not do well with 3D modelling, with or without rendering. That's a personal opinion though.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I will add a gpu and ssd if needed, after a few months (once I have more cash to spare). The dedicated gpu will be fine till then.
Physically, you can't add a GPU to a laptop in your budget (even if you want to buy a Titan V later) because:
a. They don't have any MXM slot for you to just insert a MXM gpu.
b. They also don't have a thunderbolt 3 port to use with an eGPU enclosure

You have to adjust with integrated GPU, most likely from intel HD 600 series.

Top Bottom