I want to buy a CPU for my new rig will it serve me well?

I am thinking of going for the ryzen 5 2400g build since GFX are ridiculously priced now and i wish to stream/make YouTube videos ie. screen record along with gaming. so is this the right CPU to go for such tasks or should i put in a ryzen second gen cpu and a discrete GFX?

APU is value for money now but is it really needed for me to deviate from this build?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't say about screen recording performance but the integrated 2400G gfx is approximately equal to nvidia 1030 provided you buy at least 2 ram sticks of 3000MHz.There are some reports suggesting price drop in gfx cards in near future so you may want to wait a few weeks if possible.Before price increase 1050Ti was selling for ~11k.
GPU NEWS Channel

Nerevarine

Incarnate
OBS can also use Intel Integrated HD graphics to record. Almost zero performance impact for your nvidia or AMD card.
Used to do it frequently on my old PC.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
I am thinking of going for the ryzen 5 2400g build since GFX are ridiculously priced now and i wish to stream/make YouTube videos ie. screen record along with gaming. so is this the right CPU to go for such tasks or should i put in a ryzen second gen cpu and a discrete GFX?

APU is value for money now but is it really needed for me to deviate from this build?
AMD Ryzen 5 2400G review

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^Screen recording is different from usual video editing/encoding.Don't just post for the sake of posting,at least post something helpful.The above youtube video is a 1 hour unpacking & assembling instruction with not even a single minute of review about how a screen recording software would actually perform on it.

Top Bottom