I plan to buy a console which is better Xbox, Playstation, or Nintendo Switch currently

quicky008

Technomancer
ps4 and xb1 are both apparently out of stock on amazon,you should try again after a few days.

And for ps5 you should check again after the first week of November.

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
ps4 and xb1 are both apparently out of stock on amazon,you should try again after a few days.

And for ps5 you should check again after the first week of November.
Is PC better for gaming or console I want something that is easy to set up and will have long lifespan.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Is PC better for gaming or console I want something that is easy to set up and will have long lifespan.
For purely gaming, no new 50k PC will come close to a 50k XBox Series X (not taking price of games into consideration here) unless AMD is able to put 5700XT level of performance in a 20-25k GPU.

If you want to do stuff other than gaming also, PC is the way to go.

PC can do much more than just gaming or watching videos online. PC is more expensive upfront as well, but games are a bit cheaper with "other" options as well. Also PC needs no additional fee to play online multiplayer games, say you want to play a free to play multiplayer game, you don't have to spend anything to play it, unlike Xbox or PS.

Consoles are much more convenient to setup & use.

For good budget PCs, you have to wait till next Summer when new budget GPUs are out in market. Only high end GPUs are launching this year.

quicky008

Technomancer
pc is better in that regard.

remember that once a console goes bad after warranty period,you will just have to throw it away as neither sony nor microsoft offer any servicing for out of warranty consoles.

for pc you can simply replace a malfunctioning part with a new one.

Yes, I forgot to mention longevity. PCs are better in that regard. Say by next summer you will likely be able to build an Xbox Series X equivalent PC for maybe 60-70k (monitor extra). So, after say 3-4 years, you can just upgrade the GPU to get even better performance (maybe 20-25k), if needed, rather than upgrading the whole rig. Anyways in 4-5 years consoles start showing its age. PS4/XB1 runs a lot of new big games at 720p 30fps, so not exactly the best experience.

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
Yes, I forgot to mention longevity. PCs are better in that regard. Say by next summer you will likely be able to build an Xbox Series X equivalent PC for maybe 60-70k (monitor extra). So, after say 3-4 years, you can just upgrade the GPU to get even better performance (maybe 20-25k), if needed, rather than upgrading the whole rig. Anyways in 4-5 years consoles start showing its age. PS4/XB1 runs a lot of new big games at 720p 30fps, so not exactly the best experience.
So you are saying consoles stop working in 4-5 yrs ?

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
pc is better in that regard.

remember that once a console goes bad after warranty period,you will just have to throw it away as neither sony nor microsoft offer any servicing for out of warranty consoles.

for pc you can simply replace a malfunctioning part with a new one.
I have question on that. My current PCs are having issues how do I know which part is damaged and I need to replace that part.

So you are saying consoles stop working in 4-5 yrs ?
No, not as easily repairable if something goes wrong & after say 5 years, big games are capped at 720p 30fps. I think PS4 & XB1 have been doing that since 2017 or so. They still run games but 30fps is not so good experience if you have observed higher fps gaming.

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
Create a new thread with its issues, we can try to diagnose. Otherwise get a local computer technician.
I have made a thread about dell inspiron all in one it has this issue with screen flickering I even posted pictures of it on that thread what I cant understand is if the computer is not readable how can I know which part is broken I tried opening the all in one but it requires power tools to open which I dont have.

quicky008

Technomancer
unless you are quite rich or have a decent income and can afford to spend a lot of money on games frequently ,consoles should be avoided.

if you already have monitor,ups etc just upgrade the mobo+cpu+ram of your existing computer one by one and you will be good to go.

later on you can get a new gpu-you can find some good deals on used ones in the FB marketplace for around 8-10k.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
All depends on the kind of games you want to play, and the upfront cost you can put up for a computer. The hardware ceiling for future proofing a computer is rather high, especially compared to a console.

All depends on the kind of games you want to play, and the upfront cost you can put up for a computer. The hardware ceiling for future proofing a computer is rather high, especially compared to a console.
For a similar performance PC, you have to spend like 30% extra for a PC. That will last about as long as that equivalent console, except in poorly optimized games. PS4 & XB1 run big games these days at 720p 30fps & something like old GTX 660 or GTX 750Ti can achieve similar performance as well in new games, just that minimum requirements have been higher usually. My older laptops used to run games even though it was below minimum requirements because in many cases minimum PC requirements were for 1080p low 30fps.

An example is GT 1030 which is weaker than min. required GTX 770 demanded by RDR2, yet it can hit 30fps:

OP
Geekysam

Geekysam

Broken In
Is Nintendo Switch good for gaming or do games like Saints Row lag on it also does it have a digital store for games the games which I saw for it on amazon where very expensive.

Is Nintendo Switch good for gaming or do games like Saints Row lag on it also does it have a digital store for games the games which I saw for it on amazon where very expensive.
Nintendo switch is just mobile gaming with better game support & better optimization, I think. I personally feel Switch is too niche & not worth being the primary gaming device. For portable gaming, I would say my smartphone is enough, surely not as big collection of top games, but still, it isn't my primary gaming device. PS/XB or desktop/laptop are the ones that can be a primary gaming device. Again, just my opinion.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Nintendo consoles are not available officially in India. Be aware that ones available are overpriced, imported and won't have any warranty.

Last edited:
Top Bottom