I need some help on Graphic Cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Erm... I need some inputs.

I run an Intel 815 chipset with 256 SDR RAM at the moment. I am running a WIN98SE right now.

So what I want to know that I would like some help on deciding upon a Graphic Card which is pretty much up-to-date(meaning, it's memory requirement won't get obsolete anytime soon) and it isn't over Rs. 6000(for I don't have much to spare from my college's pocket money).

One of the game that I really miss playing is the FIFA 2005 and a whole lot of games coming up lately which requires a minimum of a 32 MB graphic card requirements(Ah, the burden of a poor guy!).

If you know a place in Mumbai which is equipped to cater to my needs, that'd be really appreciated(I don't know if the board allows advertising of computer outlets or not. If no, please excuse me).

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Dude...wrong section to post this mate. Should really be in either Q & A or in H/W section. Will ask one of the mods to move this there.

Get the Raedon 9600. It should be around 6500 Rs. And you should be able to play most of the games in pretty decent settings.

OP
Apollo

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
Oops!

Excuse me mods... first offence. And would you give me a link to this page (whenever it's shifted) via PM? Thanks muchly!

How much of MBs do I get on a Radeon 9600?

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
I think the 9600 is a 128 MB card...not too sure. OK verified yes it is 128 MB. More info here:

*www.ati.com/products/radeon9600/radeon9600pro/compare.html

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Apollo: Hey dude, this is the place where all the experts gather to answer such questions. Head over there ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom