I Need a Phone WITHOUT CAMERA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamoghno

Padawan
I'm pretty sure that long pressing the volume keys change track on w270.

But i think you better buy nokia 1200 & a philips go gear / sandisk sansa etc. Though w270 is pretty good for the price , but after using n73 , its hard to accept the sound quality.

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that long pressing the volume keys change track on w270.

But i think you better buy nokia 1200 & a philips go gear / sandisk sansa etc. Though w270 is pretty good for the price , but after using n73 , its hard to accept the sound quality.

Hi buddy! :) I already have an MP3 player -- albeit an old one (Creative TX FM MuVO) and I love it -- but carrying it to college increases the risk of it being caught -- better to have everything in one device.... also if the college authorities do catch me and confiscate my phone -- if it is a W230/W270 -- I will have no tension -- only Rs.3000 it yaar! Imagine if they take away your beloved Rs.13000 cell phone :eek::eek:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Then you better get w270. Another plus for w270 is it's got excellent FM reception . And the phone is small enough to hide.

My only complain is the headphone jack position in w270 , makes it hard to operate phone while jack is inserted. Seems like they'll never make a perfect phone intentionally .

ECE0105

In the zone
Best phone would be LG KP110
Only 2.3k and 1Gb MicroSD Card bundled... And, you can also install Java Games/Apps and themes...

saurabhpatel

Journeyman
^^^
hardly any LG phone supports external themes also I can imagine how slow the Java apps are going to be. (being a former LG KG300 owner.)

But it does have GPRS and an Anti-theft mobile tracker.

Its internal memory is just 1 MB.

When a call arrives while listening songs , the player stops immediately other than pausing it .

THIS ONE IS FROM GSMarena

Hi guys,
I bought an LG KP110, quite satisfied with that phone when looking at those features it offers when compared to other phones of similar price range by NOKIA, SAMSUNG, SONY ERICSSON etc. Previously, I owned a NOKIA 6030.

This phone is found better because:
Battery backup is satisfactory. Fully discharge it (until Low Battery warning is shown on screen) and then charge it fully before first use.
Very nice user interfaces even if it does not have any theme support.
Identifies common image formats.
No driver needed to connect to a computer.
Phone with memory inserted can also be used as a pen drive like USB mass storage. (great!!!)
GPRS browsing is satisfactory as seen on NOKIA 6030.
Upto 500 contacts with 7 field each, 150 message storage(total in inbox, outbox, draft,..) inside phones built-in 1MB memory.
MP3 playback support, FM radio and voice recorder are very useful.
Useful anti-theft mobile tracker.
Decent screen display.
Very useful tools.
Perfect preloaded collection of loud ringtones with striking instrument sounds!!!
Same port on the phone for USB, headset and charger.
Really very slim and light weight.
Simply browse into the memory card (after connecting to computer via USB cable) from the computer and cut/copy/delete/paste song files/picture files etc, but put them in appropriate folders of appropriate types (Sounds, Images, Others). No additional software to browse phone card memory is needed .
Store miscellaneous files inside Others folder.

But:..
Bundled earphones are at an average. Also very sharp, avoid using them at a high volume. (Don't worry, use thick sponge/cloth covers on earphones if available).
Hard keypad.
No playback support for MPEG2 Layer3 or MPEG2.5 Layer3 files (these files also appear with .mp3 extension). But don't worry, our MP3 music files are made as MPEG1 Layer3 files.
No newline (enter-key character) character insertion found when keying in a message (this is strange!!)
Arrow keys cannot be customized.
Actually, the user manual supplied cannot describe all the phone functions in detail.

Unhandled exception:
======================
1. Phone hanged (keypad is made non-responsive) and got restarted when a call came at that time i was using the Voice recorder's menu, and the in came number was not saved. Please don't take this down side as an issue since it is found harmless to the mobile or the the caller on the other side.
Luckly, this problem is not there during recording voice or mp3 playback or radio playback or during using any other menu.

For true specifications, visit LG's website and look for LG KP110.
TRY TO BUY FROM AN LG DIRECT DEALER OR LG SHOWROOM NEARBYTO ENSURE ALL THE CONTENTS:
Phone.
Charger.
Battery.
Headset.
1GB memory card.
User manual.
USB cable to connect to computer.

Anyway, for it's price it does it's job well and good and excellent.

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
Tell you what... Get a Sony Ericsson W200i and detach the camera by giving it to the service centre. 4500 bucks.

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
I just made up my mind and bought a Motorola W230 today!! :D:D

I bought the full black "tattoo edition"

*www.cafegadgets.com/images/productImages/1796_1211883084_W230.gif

Here is my Review of the phone

Box Contents

Motorola W230
2.5mm Headset
Charger
Manual and Warranty Card
Battery
PC USB Data Cable

1) I bought this instead of the W270 because I don't like flip phones and the small screen looks ugly in the W270 and 270 is significantly more expensive
2) Tattoo edition looks great
3) I bought a bundle which has no 256MB card bundled along with it - it costs almost Rs.220 less! [so I bought a San Disk 2 GB Micro SD [5 year warranty] for Rs.400 with this savings! ;-)]
4) This phone has digital radio --that means the channels which are digital will have much better clarity and Channel name and Music Genre are displayed on the phone!
5) FM Reception and quality is excellent
6) Listening radio through speakerphones is good but I wish I could say the same for MP3s -- there is not enough bass
7) Listening to MP3 via headphones is another matter though -- it is very very good! It is equal, if not, slightly better than my Creative MuVO
8.This is the first time I have bought a Motorola phone, and I have to say that the interface is very good -- the font is easy to read and it is easy to navigate about
10) Music Player is good, not excellent -- no equalizer -- no album art -- but it does display the Track Information like Genre,Artist,Track No,Year etc etc. And also you can put the music in folders and the phone will recognize it... unlimited number of folders allowed
11) SMS is good and it DOES NOT lag while typing.... contrary to what some ppl say
12) MMs and GPRS available
13) No Infrared or Bluetooth
14) No Java Support
14) You can use the phone as pen drive -- just plug it into the PC and it will show up as removable disk
15) The Phone charges while connected to PC
15) Screen and Glossy finish on front is fingerprint magnet
16) Phone Build Quality is superb and plush materials all around!!
17) Its very light -- and thin [not super slim but still thin]
19. Made in India -- sure feels good to read this on our Independence Day! :p

Price [The Mobile Store, Menaka, Eranakulam, Kerala] - Rs.2550* :)!::p)
*for the bundle without 256 card -- this is the better buy!

So totally I spent Rs.2950 [2550 on phone and 400 on 2GB MicroSD]

This is an excellent deal for such a good phone! It looks so much more expensive than it actually is! THE perfect phone for college goers! :)

My Rating - 9/10 -- bowled over by the features offered by a Rs.2.5k phone!

Tell you what... Get a Sony Ericsson W200i and detach the camera by giving it to the service centre. 4500 bucks.

I don't have the heart to buy a new phone and rip out its camera! Besides, wont taking off the camera harm the phone? I mean, what happens when we select camera from menu?? BTW moto 230 is a MUCH better AND cheaper buy than this for a no-cam phone!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the LG KP110...

*www.blogdemoviles.com.ar/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/lg-kp110.jpg

This phone has an ugly design when compared to W230 [well in my opinion anyway] It has "MP3" and "MP3 PLAYER" written all over it -- like some cheap Chinese phone!

On the price front, this phone costs Rs.2800 -- which includes 1GB MicroSD -- but the W230 only costs Rs.2950 -- with 2GB SanDisk [5 year warranty] !! So Moto beats it in this area also

The only redeeming feature of the 110 is the Java support -- but I'll pass -- the Moto wins hands down in every other area!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Take Care Friends!

And Happy Independence Day!!

*www.rumela.com/events/image/india_flag3.jpg

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Good review. I'd like to know about the phone's battery life. Can you give me some info on battery life especially while playing fm radio through headphone ?

And does is support some more efficient format like aac or eaac+ ?

You said you're using 2gig card. Does loading too much music affect music player's interface speed ?

Most importantly , i heard the AD50 2.5 to 3.5 mm Adapter is compatible with this model. Is it true ? Because usual bundled motorola headphone is too big for my ear.

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I don't have the heart to buy a new phone and rip out its camera! Besides, wont taking off the camera harm the phone? I mean, what happens when we select camera from menu?? BTW moto 230 is a MUCH better AND cheaper buy than this for a no-cam phone!
Heh, When you select camera from the menu, you just get the camera app started, but nothing's visible of course like in a dark room. You can just press a key to exit it just like normal :D Tried and tested. The reason I recommended sony is because its high quality music, and its stability overall :) Just like you're a moto fan now, I'm a sony fan, what can I say?

have fun with your new mob! :D

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
Good review. I'd like to know about the phone's battery life. Can you give me some info on battery life especially while playing fm radio through headphone ?

I can't comment on the battery life just yet, because I only got the phone yesterday evening! ;-) But, when I got home, I did charge the phone to the max (Batt lvl 6) by connecting to my PC using data cable -- then I listened to MP3 for an hour and then used radio for half an hour -- then went to sleep -- upon checking in the morning -- the battery is still in full charge (lvl 6) -- so my estimation would be 2 days of battery life with moderate MP3 and FM usage :p

And does is support some more efficient format like aac or eaac+ ?

Havent tested this out yet -- but I reckon it does not support it, looking at the specs at GSM ARENA -- *www.gsmarena.com/motorola_w230-2200.php

You said you're using 2gig card. Does loading too much music affect music player's interface speed ?

No it does not slow the music player down! Thank god for this! :smile:

Most importantly , i heard the AD50 2.5 to 3.5 mm Adapter is compatible with this model. Is it true ? Because usual bundled motorola headphone is too big for my ear.

Buddy I though I was the only one who was having problems with the bundled headset!! Yes it is too large for my ears also :x Maybe Moto thinks elfs buy their headphones :D

I too need help on this -- I am considering buying the 2.5 -- 3.5mm converter -- which one should I buy?

Also, what is the best way to protect the screen from scratches? [not interested in lamination/crystal case]

On Another Note

In some websites, people complained that if a call came while listening to MP3, the phone would hang/restart or some glitch occurs -- this is not true because my friend called while I was listening to MP3 == the Player paused and minimised, then after I had finished attending the call, the player came back on and continued playing where it had left off! :p

Another good feature is that you can "Hide" the MP3 layer i.e. it minimises to the main menu and you can use the phone while listening to music.... for ex -- you can read SMS and play games while listening to MP3

:) Just like you're a moto fan now, I'm a sony fan, what can I say?
have fun with your new mob! :D

Hi buddy! am not a Moto fan -- this is the first motorola phone I have bought! Hope it is a good companion in the long run

BTW I already have a Sony -- K310i -- has served me really well!! :)

Thank You & Cheers!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
dude if you are hiding your phone from the college authorities then why you were not buying a camera one :lol:

OP
G

Games Goblin

Journeyman
dude if you are hiding your phone from the college authorities then why you were not buying a camera one :lol:

lol good point! :D

If they do catch a camera phone -- they wont return
Vice Versa for non cam

UPDATE

This phone can be synced with WMP11 -- although in Moto site it is a feature which is only given for W270

UPDATE 2

1.This phone is not working with Motorola Phone Tools v5 !! :x:x But that is maybe because this is a new phone n the market -- hop they will add support for this in the future verisons! I really want to transfer my contacts to this phone!! can't be bothered to type it all upp -- it looks like I will have to do that now!!! :mad::mad:

2. When a track finishes playing in MP3 player, it does not automatically go to the next track! :confused: But Shuffle function is available though -- and this makes up for the glitch somewhat!! :eek:

3. Since I am new to Moto phones, I can't figure out how to go to next line in SMS (return key function) -- can anyone help out?

4. I have not charged using the provided charger! :p Charging through your PC's USB is convinient and fast!! And you can transfer music during charging! :) And this phone is a battery sipper -- very little consumption!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom