i m planning to buy this config. please comment

^ i saw several videos on youtube where people lost their boards even after spending so much on cooling systems. Maybe the reason was lot of dust entering in these systems.

As number of fans increase, it actually exposes components even more to outside environment. That's one of reason AIO(All in one) systems are becoming super-popular amongst serious professional in West now. Ofcourse, gaming types prefer dusty systems.

napsterv

Journeyman
^ i saw several videos on youtube where people lost their boards even after spending so much on cooling systems. Maybe the reason was lot of dust entering in these systems.

As number of fans increase, it actually exposes components even more to outside environment. That's one of reason AIO(All in one) systems are becoming super-popular amongst serious professional in West now. Ofcourse, gaming types prefer dusty systems.

Well, that depends if the airflow is more positive or negative. A negative pressure setup means a lot of dust in your system, whereas positive is less pain.

Read this article.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku

real gaming professionals use
dust filters :D

^ if u need to add dust filters and then add extra fans, to get "increased ventilation" then it shows there is fundamental flow in the Cabinet design itself.

Also adding all these 3,000 worth fans is crazyness.
If one FAN(on backside) fails to do the job for your Cabinet then even 4 fans won't do it. Problem is with the Cabinet design, not fans.

I have noticed that Cabinet sellers are purposefully keeping things so much cramped & squeezed that users end up buying fans to keep this khichadi cool(due to lack of poor space given by designers). If Cabinets are built 1 inch wider, you can safely eliminate 1 FAN (3000 Rupees).

I bought my old Pentium 12 years back and i remember that my Cabinet was same size that these Cooler brand type guys are selling today. So basically, they did no improvization in design and are forcing the users to spend extra to rectify flaw with extra FANs.

Also, you won't notice any performance difference even if you overclocked a processor by 20% because only 10% of this amount(20%) is actually utilized by gaming software.

10% of 20% is 2 percent. So, u spend 3,000 extra to fans, then overclock processor. And you end up with 2% improvement.

Added Later: I also noticed one thing: FAN sizes are deliberately kept big so they eat space inside Cabinet, which adds to ventilation cause. Heck, those fans i saw are bigger in size than FAN in my bathroom window(such small fan does job perfectly for big bathroom. That's what is called efficient design).

That's why branded stuff is better. Design flaws are minimum. In local market, u always end up spending more in the end for jugaad(with design flaws). Atleast this is what my experience says. Dell is making jobs of assemblers difficult now. Manual assembling is out of fashion now, except those who love "assembling" for the sake of it.

Last edited:

Dorian_WD

WD Official
Hi there, since you are planning to buy both SSD and HDD you might take a look at the WD Black² dual drive.
It has a 120GB SSD and a 1TB HDD and you decide in which drive your data goes.
You get the speed of the SSD drive and the performance & storage of the WD Black HDD, which is perfect for gaming and photo/video editing. If you are interested, you can check it on the WD website - WD Black²
Please have in mind that if you decide to go with the WD Black², it is a 2.5'' drive and you'll need a mounting set for it.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Dorian_WD

OP
A

andt21

Right off the assembly line
After going through all the suggestions i am now planning this config:

intel core i7 4790
gigabyte ga h97 d3h
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)
WD 1 TB Black Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD1002FAEX)
Asus NVIDIA GTX650-E-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5
Seasonic S12G-550 550 Watts
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat
APC UPS BR1000G-IN

Please give suggestions.

adityak469

Training To Beat Goku
After going through all the suggestions i am now planning this config:

intel core i7 4790
gigabyte ga h97 d3h
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) (CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10)
WD 1 TB Black Desktop Internal Hard Drive (WD1002FAEX)
Asus NVIDIA GTX650-E-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5
Seasonic S12G-550 550 Watts
Cooler Master HAF 912 Combat
APC UPS BR1000G-IN

Please give suggestions.

get HyperXFury if you can, GTX 750/750Ti if you want to game at high(as of now). everything else looks good.

OP
A

andt21

I m choosing Asus NVIDIA GTX650-E-2GD5 2 GB GDDR5
because i dont play heavy games and also this is of low watt thus power efficient system
Still i m open to choose any other until get a good point. So please comment.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
for how much are you getting this 650? get gtx 750 atleast. way less power consumption with improved performance.

OP
A

andt21

I m thinking about Asus gtx 750 ti oc 2gb
But just to know it will support linux?

- - - Updated - - -

Also can anyone tell me which brand is best
Asus, sapphire, zotac, msi

Top Bottom