I have problem with the USB Port in the Mother Board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kannan

In the zone
I recently bought the Asus P5AD2 Premium Motherboard with other peripherals for my new PC which is working fine.

I have a CASIO PV-S1600 Pocket Viewer (Pocket PC)

When I connect the PV to the USB Port using the supplied CASIO USB Cable and start the File Transfer Manager or PC Sync the Windows XP gives me a message in balloon at System Tray that "USB Device Not Recognized" "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognize it. For assistance in solving this problem, click this message."

Clicking on this message open a window with a tree,

Code:
---USB Root Hub (2 Ports)
 +-Unknown Device
 +-Unused port

I have tried all the ports available on the motherboard. But the same error message.

Code:
My Hardware config:

Intel Pentium-4 3.4 GHz (Prescott)
Asus P5AD2 Premium Motherboard.
512 MB DDR-II @ 533 MHz
Geforce PCX 5750 with 256 MB DDR.
Segate 120 GB SATA @ 7200 RPM

Windows XP with SP-1.

Please help me.

Kannan.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- do u have any other usb device to check the ports with
- for asus m/b u have an option to support legacy usb in bios , see if its enabled
- i think u have an option in asus bios to assign irq to usb . try that option .
- check asus site for bios update . i assume u have crash free bios update option on ur board .
- i got wierd errors when using 2 or more usb ports at the same time . turns out they share memory or power , something like that . try disabling single or two ports in device manager and connecting the device to the remaining ports which work
- sometimes just cleaning the usb cable connectors in the end works , they form a corosive layer after long time . just use a blade to clean the connectors ( metal part at the end of the cable , not cable itself )

Deep

Version 2.0
I had faced this problem before...

call your hardware guy and ask him to check the wire connection to the USB port in the Mobo

in USB port u need to attach the wire in proper socket and if by mistake he has put it in wrong socket then it can show that error..

it is just 2 mins work...call him...and tell about this..he will be able to fix it very easliy..

Deep

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Hey guys thanks for the response. :D

I Will check the connections and do some BIOS settings modifications and try again and will reply.

I also want to put a point that, I have connected the Microsoft Cordless Comfort Edition Desktop set to one of the rear USB port.

OP
K

Kannan

In the zone
Problem Solved

Hey guys thank you for helping me.

I have solved the problem.

I disabled the BIOS USB Controller 2.0.

Now my Casio applications connected to the PV. After this I updated the CASIO OS to latest version which has support for USB 2.0.

Again enabled the the BIOS USB Controller 2.0 and PV is working fine.

Thank You very much. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom