I am not able to get 1440*900 resolution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajincoep

Right off the assembly line
I am not able to get 1440*900 resolution.
I also installed the driver that i think it is latest from the below URL mentioned but it is not helping.
Do you have any suggestions? Thanks for your help in advance.

(*www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageID=420&OSID=1&CatID=1160&SubCatID=109)

My PC configuration:
Motherboard: ASUS K8V-MX (Socket 754)
CPU AMD Athlon 64 with 800mHZ
Graphics: Internal. VIA/S3G Unicrome(K8M800) Pro IGP

amitash

Intel OCer
First of all, Does your monitor support the res? and did you try changing res in the windows settings or the gfx ctrl panel?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Please give the more explaiable datails of your monitor and check Display Properties if it has support for such resolution.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Well, no need of any details, coz I know someone who had the same chipset and did the same mistake of buying 19" widescreen LCD. you motherboard won't support this resolution. Run it on 1280x1024 till you are able to buy a new mobo

shaunak

Tux Fan
Read: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-66889.html

You will need a dedicated graphics solution.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Read: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-66889.html

You will need a dedicated graphics solution.

saw that! that thread was started by me. I had asked the question for my friend. So i wrote "I bought". Actually it wasn't me who had bought it, I'm still stuck with this boring 17" CRT.

OP
A

ajincoep

Right off the assembly line
Sorry not to mention that i have a 19" monitor.
and i posted this questions in some of the other forums and I got the same reply that Cool Buddy says - My Chipset do not support that resolution. I need a Graphix card to get that resolution.

Do you recommend any card for my PC configuration? PSU is 400W. Other details i hv mentioned in the subject of the thread.

Answers to other queries->
Yes, i installed the latest drivers.
I also checked that BIOS update wont help.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
your mobo supports SATA HDD, so if you are lucky, you would have bought a SATA HDD. if that be the case just buy a new motherboard. A mobo from asus would cost you around 2000 & will support the resolution. you will need to buy 1GB DDR2 RAM, i suggest you buy transcend 667Mhz, costs around Rs. 550-600. this is the same as a graphics card will cost. however ir gives you the option of upgrading later on as these mobos support AMD phenom processors & PCIe graphics cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom