Huawei Ascend P1 Review

guys, i think your should just head to GSMarena for its synthetic benchmarks :)
Why torture CyberKID he has already done so much for us :)

As for the update, people simple do it by downloading the update file (usually UK version) and using PC for updating manually. I had to do the same to get my old Galaxy Ace into Gingerbread way back in 2010 because Samsung never officially released Gingerbread for Galaxy Ace in India.

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
guys, i think your should just head to GSMarena for its synthetic benchmarks :)
Why torture CyberKID he has already done so much for us :)

As for the update, people simple do it by downloading the update file (usually UK version) and using PC for updating manually. I had to do the same to get my old Galaxy Ace into Gingerbread way back in 2010 because Samsung never officially released Gingerbread for Galaxy Ace in India.
Not a problem at all mate. :)
RON28: The Sar value is visible in one of the shots of the phone itself. It is 1.030W/Kg. Here's the NenaMark2 (v2.4) results

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3816/9686070468_7b12edae89_z.jpg
NenaMark 2 Benchmark for Huawei U9200 by CyberK1D, on Flickr
And sorry for the delay.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
very much impressed by this phone, Nena Mark 2 says we can play even high end games on its beautiful screen.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I dont know guys, 38 score seems quite low.. Gaming perfomance seems dissapointing :/
A friend was planning to purchase this exclusively for games ..

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
I dont know guys, 38 score seems quite low.. Gaming perfomance seems dissapointing :/
A friend was planning to purchase this exclusively for games ..
I don't think this phone can be suggested exclusively for playing games. Given that the mediocre hardware, pretty old processor and graphics chipset, this is surely a great buy at this price, but isn't suggested for exclusive gaming.

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Look, i Have a Micromax Ninja A89 and i got 27.8 fps on Nenamark 2. I can play Dead trigger, Nova 3, Real football 2012, Hot pursuit, Asphalt 7 etc. If you think im lying check out youtube, "micromax a89 gaming"

And regarding this phone 38 fps is more then enough.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
You can install the Jelly Bean Update from here.
EmotionUI

There is a tutorial video on the same page that explains how to do it. The update is not available OTA, but needs to be loaded on to the memory card and then used.
Upgrade Huawei Ascend P1 to Emotion UI 1.0 on ICS - YouTube

Let us know, the improvements if any, after you upgrade! :)

EDIT: Found this blog post that mentions about possible cons of the update, like to FM app.
*emotionui.blogspot.in/2013/04/emotion-ui-15-with-jellybean-41-ready.html

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
You can install the Jelly Bean Update from here.
EmotionUI

There is a tutorial video on the same page that explains how to do it. The update is not available OTA, but needs to be loaded on to the memory card and then used.
Upgrade Huawei Ascend P1 to Emotion UI 1.0 on ICS - YouTube

Let us know, the improvements if any, after you upgrade! :)

EDIT: Found this blog post that mentions about possible cons of the update, like to FM app.
Huawei Emotion UI: Emotion UI 1.5 with JellyBean 4.1 ready for upgrade for Huawei Ascend P1

Thanks for the info mate. :)
There seems to be some issues with the EmotionUI 1.5 update, so trying to avoid it until the bugs are fixed:
Check the discussion out here: Emotion UI 1.5 with JellyBean 4.1 ready for upgrade for Huawei Ascend P1 - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

In short, read this:
upgraded my Ascend P1 ICS (official firmware) to JB+EmotionUI 1.5 less than 2 months ago : everything was fine (sound level is much more louder with JB rather than ICS) except I got "not enough of internal memory" messages and now I am even not able to get my emails... 32 gb external SD card is 50% full... I did uninstall a lot of application, move as application to SD as much as possible, but it seems that something is crunching the internal memory time after time :-( no idea to sort it out except reinstall android again.
and this:
I have the exact same issue : since I upgraded to Emotion UI 1.5 my phone internal storage gets eaten up by something ! I started with 1.5 G after the upgrade, and it slowy keeps geeeting up. I had to to a factory reset after one week in order to be able to use the phone again, and now it does the same ! I'm already down to 600 Mo only !

Has anyone found a fix to this ?
and this:
Internal Memory Problem is a known issue, we are working on this.
So, I'm waiting for a stable update and the bug fixes for the same. Will update here once I've got the OS updates.

Debu_013

Freshly Churned Chutny :)
I saw on XDA that the Emotion UI 1.6 version has come out in China, so we can expect the Global version soon. Only problem is that the update is again based on 4.1 JB, and not 4.2 JB! :(

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Finally bought this awesome phone from flipkart, only one con i found and that is charger, it is very small in length, can we use another charger?

OP
CyberKID

CyberKID

In search for Tech Gyan!
Finally bought this awesome phone from flipkart, only one con i found and that is charger, it is very small in length, can we use another charger?
Congrats for your purchase mate. Yes, the charger-cum-datacable is small, but, still, I find it suitable enough to be easily manageable. If you want you can use an USB extension cable to extend the charging cable to your liking :-D

Has anyone tested the HDMI feature yet?
Not yet mate. It's a feature that requires purchasing a separate MHL to HDMI cable.

Top Bottom