HTC diamond Pro or an Apple iPhone ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

virus_killer

Journeyman
HTC Touch Pro or an Apple iPhone ?

Guys

As the title says a lot. but still let me explain it a bit.

I want to buy a cell phone. I have got following things in my mind. so please read them all and suggest me one good cell phone which matches my criteria.

1. It has to be touch screen.
2. Which supports 3G.
3. Nice GUI.
4. More features.
5. Should have good support of third party applications.
6. Price should be in between 25,000Rs to 30,000Rs. or less.

I have found most of the features i need in HTC's touch. but the only problem with that cell phone is the response time of the touch screen is bit slower. which is better in iPhone. except that i have found everything good. iPhone has not got "copy-paste" functions as well as no video recording(which i dont mind), but it has also got inbuilt battery. so i cant change it.and many more.

You guys must be knowing more related to cell phone stuff. so please guide me in this. you can also suggest any other phone.

Any reply would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
If touch-screen and performance are your priorities, you should opt for iPhone 3G without any doubt.

OP
virus_killer

virus_killer

Journeyman
^^ but iPhone lacks many features, like doc file editing, or any other office file editing. as well as copy-paste, radio and qwerty keyboard which you can get with HTC's diamond Pro.. and as i have heard that HTC diamond has got good third party applications support.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
It's HTC Touch Pro. The HTC Diamond with a full keyboard!!!
*jackeywong.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/htc_touch.jpg​
It's faster too. The Diamond comes with a 256MB ROM while the Touch Pro will have a 512MB ROM. Both share the same processor though... the Qualcomm MSM7201A 528MHz

But.. I'm looking forward to buy the Samsung Omnia.. best of both the worlds. My choice for my N95 8GB replacement.
*www.trustedreviews.com/images/article/inline/7817-samsi9001copy.jpg
Marvell 624MHz CPU, 256 MB ROM & 128 RAM, 8GB/16GB memory storage, a wide 3.2-inch WQVGA (240x400) 65K colors LCD touchscreen (with iPhone-like Touchwhiz technology), 5MPx camera with auto-focus, face & smile detection, auto-panorama shots, 7.2 Mbps HSDPA,EDGE,GPRS 850/900/1800/1900, GPS navigation, geo-tagging capabilities, A2DP, WiFi, Windows Mobile 6.1 Pro preloaded with Windows Applications like Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Windows Media, MultiCodec support incl. DivX, Xvid... all in an ultra-slim 12.5-mm profile!

And... an onscreen keyboard... of 3 different configs!
*img122.imageshack.us/img122/6778/omniapp7.jpg

Last edited:

moshel

Padawan
u want a cellphone which supports 3G???? futureproofing is good but i dont suppose just becos india will have 3G in say 1 yrs time, u will spend a fortune on a 3G enabled phone right now.

im not against the iphone or any of the phones but just the point where u say that u WANT a 3G enabled phone.

ok to the main topic..
on paper the HTC touch pro looks better than the diamond. but im not sure if the touch pro has the cooooool navigation feature (touchflo) of the diamond. just go to the review of HTC touch diamond on GSM arena and there is a video linked over there showing a demo of the touchflo features of the diamond. u can find the video on HTC website also.

Pat

Beyond Smart
^^ Which is painfully slow! It really is shocking how bad the software performs on a very capable processor.

goobimama

 Macboy
Let me tell you one thing though. The touchscreen technology on the iPhone is far far far superior to that of the HTC. And I'm not just talking about accuracy, the multi touch guestures and all that other stuff here. I'm talking about flicking pictures on the Touch vs flicking pictures on the iPhone.

With the HTC (just tested the Touch Cruise) you have to literally rub across the screen since the screen understands pressure. The iPhone on the other hand has a capitative touch screen (or something like that) which understands the electricity generated by the fingers. Hence anything that involves touch is far easier and superior on the iPhone.

Now if you need Windows Mobile for some reason, go for the HTC. Otherwise I honestly don't think those phones are anything close to iPhone in terms of technology, software, and user interface.

amitava82

MMO Addict
Windows mobiles are slow.. FREAKING SLOW! I'd wait to see what SE comes up with X1. If thats same as its predecessors, I'd get iPhone.

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
Windows mobiles are slow.. FREAKING SLOW!

Interesting !!!! I would any day say the same thing about Symbian.... !! Windows Mobile 6 and higher are not slow at all, but just needs little performance tweaks and registry hacks just like Windows on your computer needs for optimum performance and dazzling speed.

HTC Touch Pro is a monster and my definition of a phone which can get the most closer to being called a Jesus phone... ;)

nikhilpai

Techans
The Samnung Omnia would anyday be a better choice that the HTC or the iPhone.
Anyone has an idea when its going to launch in India?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom