HTC Desire 816 or NEXUS 5

NightRider

Broken In
Hello everybody, I am thinking about buying a smartphone next month. I don’t want to spend too much money. So, my budget is around 25000 rs. I am thinking about buying either nexus 5 or htc desire 816. Initially I was thinking about buying lg g2 but I believe it is out of my budget. So what do u guys think about these two mobiles? And please feel free to suggest any mobile around that budget. It would be really nice if the mobile has following things,

1. Good look (important) :cool:
2. Display quality should be good (very important) and display size needs to be between (4.8-5.5 inch)
3. Raw processing power and ram (semi important)
4. Battery performance (it should last at least 1 day with 2/3 hrs of web browsing)
4. Good audio quality (important)
5. Rear camera quality (I don’t care):p
6. Front camera quality (I don’t care):p
7. UI and dev support (I don’t care)

So, friends please give me some suggestions. It’ll be appreciated. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Hello everybody, I am thinking about buying a smartphone next month. I don’t want to spend too much money. So, my budget is around 25000 rs. I am thinking about buying either nexus 5 or htc desire 816. Initially I was thinking about buying lg g2 but I believe it is out of my budget. So what do u guys think about these two mobiles? And please feel free to suggest any mobile around that budget. It would be really nice if the mobile has following things,

2. Display quality should be good (very important) and display size needs to be between (4.8-5.5 inch)
4. Battery performance (it should last at least 1 day with 2/3 hrs of web browsing)

Nexus 5 any day of the year,i have one as well ,fits your needs perfectly
only thing is lack of sd card is a slight put off but the quality and premium feel is totally worth it

$hadow

Geek in making
I don't think you will be able to pull 1 day with Nexus 5 but still I would surely recommend it any one over any other phone in that price bracket.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I don't think you will be able to pull 1 day with Nexus 5 but still I would surely recommend it any one over any other phone in that price bracket.

battery life is exactly one day! sometimes a bit less (very rare)

Minion

Conversation Architect

Moto X.

OP
NightRider

NightRider

Broken In
Nexus 5 any day of the year,i have one as well ,fits your needs perfectly
only thing is lack of sd card is a slight put off but the quality and premium feel is totally worth it

Thanks dude. I’ve heard there r some revised version of nexus 5 Is available at the market. Is there any way to identify the revised one? Will it be a deal breaker if I don’t get the revised one.

Thanks. So, battery life is not that good in nexus 5. What about s3 neo, is it a good phone?

Thanks for the input. I m planning to keep it for at least for 1.5/2 years. Will the battery life deteriorate even more in the future?

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Thanks dude. I’ve heard there r some revised version of nexus 5 Is available at the market. Is there any way to identify the revised one? Will it be a deal breaker if I don’t get the revised one.

Thanks. So, battery life is not that good in nexus 5. What about s3 neo, is it a good phone?

Thanks for the input. I m planning to keep it for at least for 1.5/2 years. Will the battery life deteriorate even more in the future?

stay away from $amsung S3 neo etc
nexus 5 is a good phone,battery life is great for an android and the nexus 5 is very well built etc and should last long

to check for revised model-
A way to check if you have a "revised" Nexus 5? - Android Forums

chances are anyway that you will get the revised model only,very few shipments of the 1st nexus 5 model were made and when nexus 5 came to india,the revised model was already there in the market

ankush28

Bazinga
Get Moto X 1st gen. OG Moto X is still much better than desire 816. Nexus 5 is also good choice if you are okay with mediocre battery

$hadow

Geek in making

Never for me. Well may be since I am a power user usually I unplug my phone at around 7 AM and after unplugging it's wifi is always on. My usage is like this about 2 to 3 hours of texting, 30 mins or so on youtube and about 45 mins browsing and by 7 PM it's battery is around 10% daily. So I use my s3 for the remaining time

- - - Updated - - -

Forget about any sammy phone in this range. Buy N5 and enjoy for another 2 years or so.

OP
NightRider

NightRider

Broken In
Thanks everybody. Yes, I’ve already discarded s3 neo from my buying list:D. Although while I was watching some review of desire 816 I’ve found out that desire 820 is a nice phone too but the problem is as u already know it has low resolution for a 5.5 incher and it will not be available in the market till November. But u know octa core (snapdragon 615) and 64 bit processor does sound kinda nice. :p

Anyway, I’ve already waited long enough. Hopefully I will buy a nexus 5 1/2 weeks later. :)

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Never for me. Well may be since I am a power user usually I unplug my phone at around 7 AM and after unplugging it's wifi is always on. My usage is like this about 2 to 3 hours of texting, 30 mins or so on youtube and about 45 mins browsing and by 7 PM it's battery is around 10% daily. So I use my s3 for the remaining time

- - - Updated - - -

Forget about any sammy phone in this range. Buy N5 and enjoy for another 2 years or so.

ohh might be because of usage etc,i use it as my 2nd phone, my main phone is a lumia 720 and sometimes my Z10
though my parents usually borrow the nexus 5 if they forget to charge their phones sometimes and it lasts them a day with whatsapp,camera and calls etc
luckily theres always powerbanks :)

$hadow

Geek in making
ohh might be because of usage etc,i use it as my 2nd phone, my main phone is a lumia 720 and sometimes my Z10
though my parents usually borrow the nexus 5 if they forget to charge their phones sometimes and it lasts them a day with whatsapp,camera and calls etc
luckily theres always powerbanks :)

Nah I rarely use power bank and now that my M8 is on the way I won't be using my s3 any more. Now I can crazily flas custom roms on my N5:-D

123hero

In the zone
Go for the Nexus 5 eyes closed.
Alternatively u may also look at the Moto X 2nd Gen as well.....

If u are prepared to wait or can get it from USA.... Go for the One Plus One...

Top Bottom