HP or Dell Laptop purchase (35-40K ) (Non Gaming)

Rajesh345

Youngling
1) What is your budget? 35-40K

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
  • Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) What are the primary tasks you will be performing with this notebook?
  • MS Office Mainly /Less Games (or rare)
  • Event if APU based configuration would be sufficient , would strongly prefer i3/i5 CPUs only

5) Any typical configuration in your mind you're eying for ?

looking for only core i3 or i5 (No AMD/APU)

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
Only from HP & Dell ( its for friend , he prefer only this two brand)

6) Anything else you would like to say?
  • Online Purchase
  • 4GB Ram /8GB
  • Storage event 500GB is enough
  • OS - Windows 10/8.1 installed

Thank you , kindly suggest good Laptop in this range

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
*www.amazon.in/HP-Notebook-i5-8250U...refinements=p_36:3500000-4500000,p_89:HP|Dell
However this review suggests screen quality is not good: Customer Review

Above was the only laptop from HP/Dell within 35-40k budget that comes with intel 8th gen processor & win 10.You may already know about Spectre & Meltdown bugs affecting almost all processors so suggesting 8th gen intel+win 10 system as running win 7/8.1 with 6th gen or older intel processors will significantly reduce performance of processor.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
@billubakra case of HP bad after sales service is true but such cases are found for all laptop manufacturers,call it a case of real bad luck(his laptop also came with win 10 which was also not that stable at that time).

If you want Dell then there is this model:
*www.amazon.in/Dell-Inspiron-15-6-i...n_feature_two_browse-bin:1464424031,p_89:Dell

One thing I would recommend is buying from authorized offline store as you may get extended warranty & ADP(accidental damage protection) at cheaper rates.It also helps seeing the laptop screen in person to judge its quality.

Top Bottom