HP G6 2005AX SSD Upgrade

Prajyot

Journeyman
I have HP G6 2005AX laptop want to know, it have slot to install something like ?
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-850-EVO-M-2-MZ-N5E250BW/dp/B00TGIVZTW

Want to add SSD but dont want to remove current SATA disk, so what are options? Only way i found is replace DVD with SSD.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I was suggested here to replace the SSD with HDDs and keep using HDDs from an external enclosure with a USB3 connector. Because the DVD bay isn't made to handle the heat dissipating through the HDD.

You can compare prices and get SSD from onlyssd(dot)com which is a reliable source recommended here by many members

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have HP G6 2005AX laptop want to know, it have slot to install something like ?
*www.amazon.in/Samsung-850-EVO-M-2-MZ-N5E250BW/dp/B00TGIVZTW

Want to add SSD but dont want to remove current SATA disk, so what are options? Only way i found is replace DVD with SSD.
Your laptop is too old,m2 slot start appearing in laptops in India only around 2017 & even today it is not as commonly found. My suggestion is to use your internal laptop hdd as external by using a usb 3 case from orico & use ssd in place of hdd.You can also replace dvd drive with ssd & continue using both hdd & ssd.

Top Bottom