i've owned a Pavilion dv9222tx (17") for bout 7 months now:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 1.6 Ghz
x86 Based PC
1 Gb RAM (2 x 512 mb)
160 Gb Toshiba ATA
NVIDIA Go Geforce 7600 256 Mb
Integrated card reader, bluetooth, wlan etc etc
Windows Vista Home Premium & Office 07 :rolleyes:

The system isn't upto my requirements as i realize it now - I absolutely love Vista (inspite of what many others say), but, it eats up too much RAM.
I've decided to upgrade the Processor & RAM & have the following problems:

1. Will i need to reinstall any of my current softwares?
2. My Laptop Config says "Max 2 gb Compatibility" - What does this signify? Why can't i go & upgrade to 4 Gb? :confused:
3. Do i need to worry about any specific processor related problems? How high can i go with intel on my current laptop?
4. will all of this affect my motherboard?

Sourabh

Laptoping
You can only upgrade the RAM. 1GB x 2. Single 2GB soDIMM would be too costly anyways.

There's no retail market for notebook processors in India. So, the only way to upgrade your laptop CPU with a faster one is by getting it from US. Upgrade to T7200 should be good enough. The newer processors are Socket-P based, you need Socket-M ones. The highest you can go is T7600.

No software reinstall is required. No other processor or motherboard related problems.

OP
Musicmaker23

Musicmaker23

PowerDaemon
Sourabh said:
You can only upgrade the RAM. 1GB x 2. Single 2GB soDIMM would be too costly anyways.

There's no retail market for notebook processors in India. So, the only way to upgrade your laptop CPU with a faster one is by getting it from US. Upgrade to T7200 should be good enough. The newer processors are Socket-P based, you need Socket-M ones. The highest you can go is T7600.

No software reinstall is required. No other processor or motherboard related problems.

I bought the laptop primarily cause it had everything i could ask for as far as wireless & software features go (& even compromised on the processor a bit cause better ones were unavailable on a 17 incher at the time) .. I looked up intel.com about their newer processor & as u said P sockets are required for anything beyong the T7600.. Is there anyway to go beyond that i.e change the socket or sumthing (plz don't laugh if you found what i asked you very stupid.. i'm a lil' new to the technical aspects of mobos)?

& plz mention about the MAX RAM.. 2gb.. can't i go beyond that if i wanna spend the cash?

Sourabh

Laptoping
It's not possible to change sockets.

Although HP says max 2GB RAM in datasheet, 945PM chipset can accept up to 4GB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom