How will be The Windows Insider operating system for daily usage?

akhilsai831

Broken In
I'm planning to get a new laptop and install Windows insider in it. Does it run high graphical games and run compilers for programming ? Or is it having any bugs in it?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Windows Insider is not a different OS,basically it is just windows 10 with beta testing feature enabled(you can select it from within normal windows 10 settings). Of course it will have the highest number of bugs because it is like a beta testing program.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I'm planning to get a new laptop and install Windows insider in it. Does it run high graphical games and run compilers for programming ? Or is it having any bugs in it?
If your laptop's hardware is crap (usually is for budget laptops in India), no windows build can help it in gaming performance.

Firewolf

Right off the assembly line
Everything works fine most of the time but sometimes you may get some bug due to which the computer will not work properly though they are patched quite quickly as well

meetdilip

Computer Addict
Windows 10 IP is just a version of Windows where Microsoft collect almost all data of your internet and PC behaviour. If you are a paranoid kind of person, that might not suite you. Otherwise, it is just another Windows 10 which might have some bugs unfixed.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you are a paranoid person then win 10 itself is not for you.There are no win 10 versions which have what you call "good privacy settings". No matter what win 10 version you use,MS is always collecting data from your PC.For majority of people it is not an issue though because they are not keeping super secrets in their PCs.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
If you are a paranoid person then win 10 itself is not for you.There are no win 10 versions which have what you call "good privacy settings". No matter what win 10 version you use,MS is always collecting data from your PC.For majority of people it is not an issue though because they are not keeping super secrets in their PCs.
I thought there are methods to stop MS from becoming Skynet(Google)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nobody is becoming skynet,we are nowhere close to creating a true AI & the worst MS & Google can do is show us specific ads based on our browsing history & usage.Climate change is a real danger,MS & Google becoming too big is just a good time-pass topic.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
Microsoft does not recommend it.

Download and install the preview only if you

• Want to try out software that’s still in development and like sharing your opinion about it.
  • Don’t mind lots of updates or a UI design that might change significantly over time.
  • Really know your way around a PC and feel comfortable troubleshooting problems, backing up data, formatting a hard drive, installing an operating system from scratch, or restoring your old one if necessary.
  • Know what an ISO file is and how to use it.
  • Aren't installing it on your everyday computer.
Unexpected PC crashes could damage or even delete your files, so you should back up everything. Some printers and other hardware might not work, and some software might not install or work correctly, including antivirus or security programs. You might also have trouble connecting to home or corporate networks.
Source:Before you install - Windows Insider Program

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Nobody is becoming skynet,we are nowhere close to creating a true AI & the worst MS & Google can do is show us specific ads based on our browsing history & usage.Climate change is a real danger,MS & Google becoming too big is just a good time-pass topic.
Give them and Elon Musk a few more years and they will do it.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
If you are a paranoid person then win 10 itself is not for you.There are no win 10 versions which have what you call "good privacy settings". No matter what win 10 version you use,MS is always collecting data from your PC.For the majority of people, it is not an issue though because they are not keeping super secrets in their PCs.
I think paranoid people tend to over react about everything that might concern privacy. If it's for the good of the mankind also seems to be a threat their privacy.
Like my dear bro Whirestar says, No matter what Win version you use, starting from Win8 MS is collecting data. Even google, facebook, and twitter is under a non-disclosure agreement with NSA. I read about this when a programmer from NSA ran and took asylum in Russia. Actually I forgot his name. This is for the good of mankind from evil A-holes.
I think we should be fortunate that we are in good hands.

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
yaa, Now I remember his name! He is Edward Snowden. Right!
He stayed in Singapore Airport for 1month without being a citizen of any country until the Russians took him in.
This guy became so paranoid that he ran off with some of most confidential files in his possession. Finally, he became a fugitive for his own countrymen until the great Russians rescued him from being assassinated.
Now I think there is not much of difference of opinion between the 2 super powers after Trump became the US president.

billubakra

Conversation Architect
yaa, Now I remember his name! He is Edward Snowden. Right!
He stayed in Singapore Airport for 1month without being a citizen of any country until the Russians took him in.
This guy became so paranoid that he ran off with some of most confidential files in his possession. Finally, he became a fugitive for his own countrymen until the great Russians rescued him from being assassinated.
Now I think there is not much of difference of opinion between the 2 super powers after Trump became the US president.
I think of Snowden as a a whistleblower. NSA can record the calls that say I make to my friends without a warrant. Also gmail, yahoo etc. also scan your mails.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
And what good it would do NSA if they can't use it as an evidence in courts(such recordings are not admissible as evidence in any decent legal system).

billubakra

Conversation Architect
And what good it would do NSA if they can't use it as an evidence in courts(such recordings are not admissible as evidence in any decent legal system).
Do you think they need laws for abducting or assassinating a target? They can always charge a person under patriot's act. We are going off topic lol

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Don't trust Hollywood movies & spy novels so much.It is far easier for a local criminal politician in India to get somebody abducted/killed than NSA to do the same in USA.It is quite laughable that Indians worry about such things as privacy when somebody drunk driving can kill them in the middle of the road & get away with a mere 2 year jail sentence after 9 years & that too suspended(aka immediately out on bail pending appeal which we all know take again so many years).
Businessman’s son gets 2-year jail for 2008 BMW hit & run - Times of India

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Windows Insider Program is intended for testing any bugs and reporting any improvements and feedback.

Sometimes it may be stable but mostly it might not support some hardware.

So it should not be used in main system rather to be used on a 2nd system which is not that much important.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Once in every 6 months, MS is releasing an update which is the result of Windows Insider Build.

So an Insider Build needs to be used for testing purpose.

A stable release should be updated once they are released.

No beta software is perfect. That's why we offer Insiders different versions of Insider Preview Builds. We call them Rings:
  • The Slow Ring is for most Insiders who simply want to explore new Preview features with minimal risk to their devices.
  • The Fast Ring receives Insider Preview Builds more often than the Slow Ring. It’s for advanced Insiders who want to explore new features even sooner — and don’t mind dealing with the bugs and other issues that come with these builds.
Source:Get Insider Builds - Windows Insider Program

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Top Bottom