How to unlock all cores

isenberg

Broken In
Hi, I bought the lenovo z510 laptop and I am using it to play games. But I bought MKX recently and I was disappointed because I wasn't getting smooth framerate despite lowering my graphics settings. But the same game ran smoothly at 60 fps on my desktop (AMD phenom II X4 965 be @ 3.4 GhZ, 4 GB ram and amd radeon 6800). So, I think it's my laptop's processor which was the cause of the slowdown. Anyway, I want to know how can I unlock all cores of my laptop's CPU so that I can use it's full power to play games like GTA V. any help will be deeply appreciated. thank you.

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
I have the same laptop as yours :
Make sure that you have connected your charger so that it doesn't underclock cpu/gpu. On high performance mode : the cpu will overclock(turbo boost) itself to 3GHz to achieve the full potential.

Also put the laptop to conservation mode to conserve battery life and high performance through lenovo energy manager and you are good to go.
I am also playing GTA V on it on normal + high settings

OP
isenberg

isenberg

Broken In
thanks tanmay... I put the power mode to performance mode in energy manager and my fps increased.

Top Bottom