how to turn micromax 50 inch non smart tv into a android tv

sonusahu

Broken In
so basically what i mean is that i should be able to use all apps from google play or most importantly i should be able to download torrents into the storage provided by the device to watch on the tv. i am looking for some device like that. as of now what i think is the closest that comes to it is the new nvidia shield console.

am i right?

or that device should be able to store the data onto a wireless network drive from which i can play the torrents.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For turning it into an android TV, use devices such as Amkette EvoTV, CX-919 Android Mini PC, Astrum Magic Stick, etc.

If you want a torrenting device, setup a Raspberry Pi 2. It would be much better.

OP
sonusahu

sonusahu

Broken In
i cant stream content from torrent websites, can i? so what i am looking for is something that will turn my non smart tv into a android device, on which i can download torrents i. e. 1080 p movies and watch them.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
i cant stream content from torrent websites, can i? so what i am looking for is something that will turn my non smart tv into a android device, on which i can download torrents i. e. 1080 p movies and watch them.

If you want to just download torrents and watch them, android isn't required. Setup a Raspberry Pi B+ or Pi 2, connect a USB HDD to it and connect the Pi B+/Pi 2 to the tv using HDMI cable.

Top Bottom