How to remove prompt to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suhas M

Broken In
everytime i update my comp and choose to restart later, a message telling me to restart keeps popping every 5 mins or so...how do i stop it? it is very irritating. and it aslo minimizes any game i'm playing

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
Are you talking about windows automatic updates, or is some other software which is asking you to restart?

47shailesh

Security Exp
apoorv.sharma said:
This link should probably solve it all... :)
*www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000294.html

Muhuhahahaa

Dude Question is to disable pop-up not the Automatic Updates...

Now focussing the Q
  1. Start Regedit​
  2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\​
  3. Create a DWORD value of EnableBalloonTips
  4. Give it a value 0​
Source​

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ It'll disable the Balloon tips and he'll not get any balloon tips in future.

To solve this problem, Open gpedit.msc and goto:

Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Update

In right-side pane, u can increase the restart time limit from 5 minutes to 30 minutes. U'll also get lots of other options for Windows Updates.

47shailesh

Security Exp
^^Yep got that "Re-Prompt for restart with scheduled installation" double click it and increase time to hours or Disable it :D Muhuhahahaha

apoorv.sharma

Lean mean A@# kickin M/C
47shailesh said:
Muhuhahahaa

Dude Question is to disable pop-up not the Automatic Updates...

Now focussing the Q
  1. Start Regedit​
  2. Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\​
  3. Create a DWORD value of EnableBalloonTips
  4. Give it a value 0​
Source​
Read the entire page before saying somethin mister...go down a bit and u SHALL find the answer to his problem...how to disable the pop-up box or prolong its time to as required!...kapish.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom