How to recover accidentally deleted partition in windows 11.

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi I am Rupesh from India and I have recently baught a new PC with new SSD and accidentally deleted partition of Seagate sata hdd and I want to restore it.

Previously I was using pc with amd fx processor and segate 2 tb sata hdd. In this hard disc previously i have created upto five partitions and one of the partition was 800 gb and other 350 gb and upto 430 gb unused.

I have inserted the old hard disc into my new PC which already has 256 gb SSD nvme. In old hard disc i have some other partitions with size 40 gb and 30 gb. I have deleted these partitions and tried to attach to 800 gb partition. Previously I have named the 800 gb partition as source. After deleting 70 gb i have tried to expand the source drive and in windows 11 partition manager i have seen as two entries named source and so I thought something went wrong and deleted 70 gb entry but unfortunately 800 gb partition is also deleted.

I am sure that I have not deleted 800 gb partition but I can't digest why it has been deleted.

After that I have opened diskpart in elevation mode and I can't see 800 gb partition.

After that I have ran tools such as disk internals and partition find and mount but I can't find lost partition.

Previously my system has the following layout

Partition 1 70 gb NTFS.
Partition 2 70 gb NTFS partition deleted to attach to partition 3.
Partition 3 800 gb with NTFS
Partition 4 350 gb with NTFS
Upto 450 gb unused.

At present layout is

Partition 1 70 gb NTFS
Free space of upto 870 gb.
Partition with 350 gb NTFS
Upto 450 gb free space.

Previously in the 800 gb of NTFS drive i have used upto 500 gb and remaining left unchanged.

Please try to suggest how to recover deleted partition which was present previously in the space of 870 gb.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Previously I mean at 2013 the same situation arised with 1 tb wd western digital external hard disc and at that time I have used stellar phoneix data recovery software and I have not succeeded since each and every time it has taken 7 hours.

At that time I don't have ups power supply and so I ran upto 20 times.

This time also I thought it would take such time but I am trying easeus data recovery wizard software and fortunately it scanned 800 gb with in 40 minutes.

Before trying easeus i have tried others and they have taken 3 hours.

I started trying with one by one and fortunately I have reached easeus.

I am providing this information as it may be helpful to you in future.

Last edited:

ramussons

Broken In
gParted, a Linux utility is a very versatile tool to do partition recovery.
Run Ubuntu or Linux Mint live, and use the gParted utility.

ADMIN EDIT: Potential spam link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I think the tool most suitable for this would be testdisk.

However, this is not a GUI application and it's a bit tricky to use but it's very effective.

*www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

OP
R

rupeshforu3

In the zone
Hi recently I have installed windows 8 on nvme M2 SSD and it has taken upto there primary partitions and 60 gb of space.

After that I have installed windows 11 on the same nvme M2 SSD and it has also taken upto there primary partitions and 60 gb of space.

After that I have installed Fedora 35 on the same nvme M2 SSD and it has taken upto six primary partitions.

At present I am not using windows 8 and so is there any way to delete this os.

I can't do on my own and if I do anything mistakenly lots of data may be lost.

I am able to boot into windows 11 and Linux properly may I know how to detect which partitions are used for windows 11 and which partitions are used for windows 8 and delete the partitions related to windows 8.

Also can you suggest how to remove the entry for windows 8 in the boot loader of windows 11.

Top Bottom