How to make free calls to US using PC to phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajayritik

Technomancer
I know many people here would be pointing me to other threads which have posted similar topic. But I wanted a precise answer. I don't want a service where I have to pay something. I just want to make a free call using my PC to a landline or mobile in US. I know about skype but that is PC to PC I think. From the other threads I came to know about Gizmocall and Earthcaller etc.

Do I need to have a good internet speed? Mine is 128 Kbps. Will that suffice?

Maplestirrup

Right off the assembly line
earthCALLER costs nothing to call to any US or Canadian phone number.
It is free to call any landline or mobile number and earthCALLER is a PC to phone application. As far as connection speed goes, earthCALLER has a connection speed test built into the interface giving you the ability to test your connection before you make a call. 128kbps is a pretty low speed connection, but if you shut down any other apps that use bandwidth like email or streaming music, you should be OK. *labs.jaduka.com/earthcaller

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
Maplestirrup! Thanks for the information dude! What would be the cheapest way for someone from US to call to India using phone?

OP
ajayritik

ajayritik

Technomancer
sorry for bumping into an old thread? Is anyone using Earthcaller nowadays? What are the other free PC to phone to US available options?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom