How to make an inexpensive & efficient Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks you all, I am also looking for a balanced Intel Config, just a different CPU & motherboard is all required.

@gx, can you suggest a custom desktop which has amd platform which could be in d bud'et of 45K?
ps. no need for speakers, i use headsets.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@gx, can you suggest a custom desktop which has amd platform which could be in d bud'et of 45K?
ps. no need for speakers, i use headsets.

Use the config I wrote here & change the CPU with the cheapest Phenom CPU u can find, along with Radeon HD 3850 with 512 MB RAM

blueshift

Wise Old Crow
Good tutorial gx_saurav.
But I have really bad experience(tray) with Samsung optical-drives.

Could you suggest some equally good nVidia-based mobo?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Could you suggest some equally good nVidia-based mobo?

I hardly find any nVidia motherboard with onboard graphics as good as this AMD Solution, There are nVidia 8200G onboard graphics chipset based motherboard but they are not available as of yet. ATI is giving better VFM so why do u want to go for nVidia.?

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
An interesting article *www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3288&p=1 on "IGP Power Consumption - 780G, GF8200, and G35"

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I read that article yesterday, obviously every new chipset will be better then the previous one. We can't expect Intel 915 chipset to perform better then Intel G45 chipset, can we.

pratik03

Journeyman
@ gx_saurav

leadtek tv tuner cards are not available here in mumbai can u suggest good alternative to leadtek cards

or basic tv tuner card with or without recording featuers but having good signal reception quality & compatible windows vista media center

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Pinnacle PCTV Tuner kit for Windows Vista is the only alternative of Leadtek TV2000XP Global Media Center Edition I would suggest.

axxo

99.9% Idle
You can also read the article on my Blog.

CPU & Motherboard = AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ AM2 with Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H. AMD has recently released the 780G chipset which by far is the best Value for Money chipset out there I have seen in a long time & with the Gigabyte motherboard, you get lots of features for such a low price. The feature list of this motherboard is quite long & it has everything you will ever want in a PC. When combined with the Athlon64 CPU, this machine has more then enough power to do anything you throw at it for a really low price.

Although AMD in my opinion is better then Intel when it comes to Value for Money, but if you still want to go with Intel Setup then simply buy Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 along with Asus P5E-VM HDMI. This motherboard has similar features to the AMD 780G chipset based Gigabyte motherboard sans DirectX 10 based onboard graphics. Rest all features are almost similar.

@ I think better combo would be q6600 + nf-7050(12k) than GA-MA78GM-S2H+AMD X2 5000+(10k)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ I think better combo would be q6600 + nf-7050(12k) than GA-MA78GM-S2H+AMD X2 5000+(10k)

no only the nvidia config more costly, it will also run more hot due to a Quad Core CPU & the Nforce 7050 based motherboard do not support DirectX 10 & UVD 2.0 features. Remember, we are not trying to make a Uber powerful computer, we are trying to make a small, silent & efficient PC here.

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
@gx_saurav
One of my collegue asked me for upgradation of his PC, for casual gaming,
home video editing, watching TV/movie and listening music etc. and also surfing net. I select these MOBOs.
What are your opinion about the Intel G33 based chipset MOBO like
1. Intel G33FB
2. MSI G33M
3. Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R
4. Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H

Which Intel Processor best suits for those MOBOs.

Off topic: What is advantage of intel's 45nm technology as against their 65nm technology?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
What are your opinion about the Intel G33 based chipset MOBO like
1. Intel G33FB
2. MSI G33M
3. Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R
4. Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H

Go got Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H, the only motherboard with maximum features I would recommend.

Which Intel Processor best suits for those MOBOs.

Personal preference is Intel Core 2 Duo E6550, but if U can't pay taht much then E4500 should be more then adequate.

Off topic: What is advantage of intel's 45nm technology as against their 65nm technology?

CPU running at low temprature & giving more performance per watt

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
@ gx_saurav

My 1st choice is also Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H MOBO. and in the choice of Processor you have mentioned E6550, but If I choose E8200 is it will be OK for that MOBO. Reason of my choice is it is 45nm tecnology procc and also it have 6MB L2 chache and the price difference is only Rs.700/- as per "theitwares.com" price list. I seek your opinion as well as suggestion regarding the kited processor.
thanks

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
good tut dude!

thanks. now i can suggest something to my friend for upgradin his cpu.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
@ gx_saurav

My 1st choice is also Gigabyte GA-G33M-S2H MOBO. and in the choice of Processor you have mentioned E6550, but If I choose E8200 is it will be OK for that MOBO. Reason of my choice is it is 45nm tecnology procc and also it have 6MB L2 chache and the price difference is only Rs.700/- as per "theitwares.com" price list. I seek your opinion as well as suggestion regarding the kited processor.
thanks

If you can pay for E8200 then sure go for it, I recomended E6550 as it is good enough for your tasks & doesn't cost much either. but E8200 is difinately better, just that U need to buy a good cooler like Cooler Master Hyper TX2

skghosh44

dig_boy_dig,dig !
Thanks for your reply.
If E8200 required cooler, than I have to change my decision, because expenses will be increase. I think E6550 will not require cooler. Is the fan bundled with the Proccessor not sufficient ? I have no idea about the price of cooler. What will be the cost of the cooler mentioned by you, may I install the cooler in the existing cabinet ?

Last edited:
OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Thanks for your reply.
If E8200 required cooler, than I have to change my decision, because expenses will be increase. I think E6550 will not require cooler. I have no idea about the price of cooler. What will be the cost of the cooler mentioned by you, may I install the cooler in the existing cabinet ?

E6550 comes with a copper based cooler, & Hyper TX2 costs Rs 1500, It will fit in your existing cabinet easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom