how to know the walkman player version in w800i

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalyan

> Could anyone tell me how to know the version of the walkman player in w800i?

> The image that shows the signal strength on the top-left corner doesnt only show the bars but sometimes the other part is also shown (the part not covered by the smaller bars) in blue or grey. why is this happening? how to rectify it? I tried restarting the phone, re installing the same and other themes. Do all the k750i's and W800i's have the same problem? Please tell me how to solve this problem. I have even flashed the phone but the problem remains

> How to increase/decrease the volume of the phone (not the walkman) i.e., the volume of the message alerts, the camera sounds, alert messages etc.?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) the version is 1.0 as it is the first generation walkman player

2) the "other" part u are talking abt is the gprs indicator. when gprs service is available but u hafn't subscribed to it then the indicator turns gray. when u use the gprs service by subscribing it or the provider provides the service and it is in use by the phone it turns blue. to turn it off (gprs service if ur do not use it) goto menu>settings>connectivity>data comm.>preferred service>gsm only

3) to increase the volume goto menu>settings>sounds and aletrs>ring volume

OP
K

krazyfrog

Currently only W850i, W830i, W950i, W610i, and W880i have Walkman 2.0 player. Others all have v1.0.

OP
K

Kalyan

Thanks for the info..

> Is there any way to upgrade the walkman player to 2.0?
> What are the improvements done in the player 2.0 over 1.0?
> I wasnt talking abt the gprs indicator, but the signal strength of the service provider which shows 5 vertical bars in blue. My problem is, the gap created by the shorter bars is filled with blue colour and the whole signal part is shown like a rectangle and not as a triangle. It looks like the one in sig1.jpg (first image) rather than the one in sig2.jpg(second image).
> Does the reduction of the ring volume effect the camera sounds and alert sounds?

P.S. I didnt know how to insert images into this. I just inserted them but they are not showing in the post. any help would be appreciable

Last edited by a moderator:

Pathik

Google Bot
wich alert sounds u talkin about??? btw it wont affect the cam sound...
but if ur fone is on silent than the cam sound ll be blocked

OP
K

krazyfrog

1. There's no way to upgrade to Walkman 2.0. You'll have to buy a phone with Walkman 2.0 player.
2. v2.0 changeable background colour (default black), visualisations, album art support and better sound quality.
3. You shouldn't bother yourself with such small things:D
4. No

OP
K

Kalyan

But I have seen many of the 800i pics with the signal strength and they show it as in the second pic. (the area not covered with the bars is transparent.)

Sometimes, my phone shows it in the normal way. but again, it goes to that mode. I also referred to the manual but it was shown only with the bars and the other region is not covered. and I think the gprs connection is indicated by a globe icon.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u are all confused. gprs connection is indicated by a globe when u are actually transfereing data (like browsing). the first icon is indicated when gprs service is provided by ur service provider and ur handset is set to use gprs if available. in this case whether there is any data transfer or not the first icon will be shown.

if u do not use gprs at all and want the second type of indicator then goto goto menu>settings>connectivity>data comm.>preferred service abd then select "gsm only" you will always get the second type of icon. no moire worries! :)

OP
K

Kalyan

Ya.. that clears everything..

Thanks for the info IR-Dude.. and sorry for all the trouble.. I didnt know abt it. I donot use Internet on my fone. Please tell me what is the setting I need to use as I use the phone only as a phone and for sms and not for internet. should I use the gprs for better signal? Does the gprs effect my normal signal strength?

Last edited by a moderator:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ gprs has no relation to ur normal signal, but if u dun haf ur providers signal then gprs also wont be available. so its gprs that relies on the gsm signal and not vice versa. to turn off gprs, do what i said in my earlier post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom