How to know a fake memory card

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kalyan

Hi guyz..

I just want to know if there is any way I could tell a fake memory card (I need a memory stick pro duo 2GB) from an original one. I have seen the fake memory cards look alike and also bear a hologram of sony on the covers. What if the shopkeeper cheats me with a fake one and gives me a fake memory card? How can I tell then and there by seeing it (or even by inserting it into the phone ) is there a way? Does the fake cards have any lesser memory storage than stated or original ones?

OP
K

krazyfrog

Yes the fake ones do have lesser memory than the original cards, but the one thing that separates a fake card from original is the price. The fake ones are very cheap. In comparison the original Sony or Sandisk cards are very expensive (the prices for the original cards can be found on Sony india website). If you find a 2gb memory stick pro duo for around 1.5k, its definitely fake. The original would definitely cost more than 2.5k. Apart from the price there are smaller things to look out for like the the condition of the package in which you get the card and the card itself (koolbluez has made a thread stating these small things, search for it).

ashnik

Ambassador of Buzz
u will never get true 1024 MBs from a 1Gb card.
Also cheap doesn't always means fake. It can be of grey market, but working fine.
I have bought many such grey market cards and they all r working fine.

sivarap

In the zone
krazyfrog said:
Yes the fake ones do have lesser memory than the original cards, but the one thing that separates a fake card from original is the price. The fake ones are very cheap. In comparison the original Sony or Sandisk cards are very expensive (the prices for the original cards can be found on Sony india website). If you find a 2gb memory stick pro duo for around 1.5k, its definitely fake. The original would definitely cost more than 2.5k. Apart from the price there are smaller things to look out for like the the condition of the package in which you get the card and the card itself (koolbluez has made a thread stating these small things, search for it).
What if the shopkeeper sells the fake for 2500? will it become original.....never seen anyone find if something is original in this way...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom