How to Install XP over Vista on HP Pavillion DV5 1102tu (Urgent )

Status
Not open for further replies.

goel.suraj

Broken In
I've laptop HP pavillion dv5 1102tu. I want to install the Win XP but it failed and show the chk disk error stop:0x0000002B.

I've already make the CD according to the *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=118458 the CD is working but failed to install XP.

The configuration of HP Pavillion dv5 1102tu is:
Dual Core 2.0
Optria DVD Writer
Wifi
USB
Fingerprint reader etc...

According to the blogs or Hp site the use F10 for boot menu> configuration>
Native SATA drive option disabled to install XP.
But the option of NAtive Boot drive is not there.And i installed the BIOS update.The BIOS update from F-1.0C to F1.14

Please give suggestions.Beause i really need urgent work on XP.

lalam

In the zone
I have a DV4 1133TX and what i did was,i installed the same through USB pen drive. Don't know if that would work for you but you could try. You of course need to enable the option.
Format your pen drive and copy all the contents of the CD onto the USB drive directly. I formatted it to NTFS.

Yes, I am also facing this problem.
Please give a little bit detailed information on this.
I am also left workless with this problem facing me.

Thanks

Viresh Kaashyap

lalam

In the zone
Format your pen drive and copy all the contents of the CD directly onto the pen drive. Like i mentioned previously i formatted it to NTFS. If your currently running XP you may enable the same by clicking on Properties> Hardware> Click on your pen drive name> Properties> Policies> Select optimize for performance. You should now be able to format your pen drive to NTFS. I don't really think it needs to be formatted using NTFS however but that's what i did.
Go to BIOS setting and disable native SATA support, if the option is not present it's safe to assume that you do not have SATA. What i did was while re-booting i pressed on space bar which should bring up the option for you to boot using your pen drive.
If it still don't work another workaround maybe to install any linux OS and format all the partition. After the installation completes, re-install XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom